The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on April 10, 2013.
The Board held a public hearing as required by law for the expenditure of IDEA funds. IDEA funds are used to provide educational supports to those students on IEP’s – salaries for certified and classified personnel, pre-school services, technology and equipment.
Keith Buehler, on behalf of the Community Club, was present to request the use of school facilities for the
The Board of Education took the following actions:
· Approved the minutes of the March 13, 2013, regular meeting and the April 3, 2013, special meeting.
· Approved the financial report.
· Approved the treasurer’s report.
· Approved a contract with Carol Riggle for FY13 GAAP Accounting for $4730 and Modified Cash Basis Reports for $1375.
· Approved the list of graduates who will be completing requirements in May.
· Authorized membership in OHSAA for the 2013-14 school year.
· Approved the following handbooks for the 2013-14 school year-
7-12 student handbook
K-6 student handbook
· Approved updates to Board Policy
· Approved overnight trips for FFA Camp and boys’ basketball camp (June 14-15)
· Approved the lease agreement with the Community Club for the Carousal June 7, 8, 9
· Accepted a donation of $150 from Willis & Lois Metz for the Becky Grillot Scholarship Fund.
· Hired Corinne Metzger as a tutor at $18.50 per hour.
· Hired Jeff McPheron as JV baseball coach.
· Entered executive session to discuss personnel – for contract renewal.
Teachers eligible for 1-year contract:
Heather Thaman – teacher
Teachers eligible for a 2-year contract:
Teachers in the middle of a 3 year contract:
Phil Groves 6-14
Vicki Steinke 8-14
Paula Owen 8-15
Bryan Trego 8-15
Teachers eligible for a 3-year contract:
Teachers eligible for a Continuing Contract:
Staff eligible for a Continuing Contract:
Staff in the middle of a 2-year contract to expire 7-14:
Adam Fullenkamp – Athletic Director
Staff in the middle of a 2-year contract to expire 8-14:
Jane Fullenkamp – nurse
Dorothy Gehrlich – bus driver
Connie Greve – bus driver
The following staff member has a 1-year contract to expire 7-13 and is eligible for a 2-year contract:
Mick Jones – maintenance supervisor
The following staff members have a 1-year contract to expire 8-13 and are eligible for a 2-year contract
Andrea Koenig – Library/Media
Kristin Ruppert – Special Ed. aide
Julie Schneider – H.S. secretary
Heather Thaman – aide
Jill Anthony – janitor
Art Zimpfer – head custodian/maintenance
Connie Schneider, Supt.
Botkins Local School