The BOE met on April 12th for the regular board meeting and took the following actions:
· Heard a presentation from Mr. Ryan Loy, JH/HS Principal, along with students Tanner Russell, Bryce Swank, Kaleb Hanby and Alex Bergman regarding their current Grant/Internships with Wells Brothers, Slagle Mechanical, Ferguson Construction and Detail Machining.
· Moved to enter executive session to consider the employment, appointment, demotion, or compensation of a public employee or official.
· Moved to leave executive session.
· Approved the minutes of the March 13, 2017 regular board meeting.
· Approved the Treasurer's report by Fund, General Fund activity, the Investment Report, and the 5-year Review of General Fund Financial activity as presented.
· Approved the Then and Now purchase orders to Walsworth Publishing and for cheerleader awards.
· Approved the 5-year Depository Agreements with 5/3 Bank and US Bank retroactively to August 10, 2016.
· Heard Committee reports.
· Approved the list of graduates of the Class of 2017 as presented, pending completion of all necessary course work.
· Moved that Botkins Local School, grades 7-12, would become a member of the OHSAA for the 2017-18 school year.
· Adopted the 7-12 handbook for the 2017-18 school year as presented.
· Adopted the K-6 handbook for the 2017-18 school year as presented.
· Approved the Classified handbook for the 2017-18 school year as presented.
· Approved the Faculty handbook for the 2017-18 school year as presented.
· Approved the Volunteer handbook for the 2017-18 school year as presented.
· Approved the following overnight trips:
o FCCLA State Leadership Conference - April 26th-28th (Columbus)
o Boys Basketball Camp - June 21st and 22nd (Findlay)
o Girls Basketball Camp - June 23rd and 24th (Wilmington College)
o Boys Soccer Camp - July 17th-19th (Ohio Dominican)
· Hired the following personnel as summer tutors and coordinators per salary schedule:
o Gina Rogers - Summer School Coordinator/Tutor
o Katie Greve - Summer School Coordinator/Tutor
o Becky Walters - Summer School Tutor
o Kristina Paul - Summer School Tutor
o Rob Berryman - Summer School Tutor
o Kendra Berryman - Summer School Tutor
o Kayla Sherman - Summer School Tutor
o Betsy Hammergren - Summer School Tutor
o Kristen Hollis - Summer School Tutor
o Mariah Hoge - Summer School Tutor
o Vicki Steinke - Summer School Tutor
· Hired the following students as seasonal summer help:
o Xavier Pax, Dani Schneider, Valerie Christman, Jenna Free, Grace Weatherhead, Jessica Haywood,
o Connor Stutsman, Elliott Goubeaux, Olivia Jones, Emma McName, Courtney Sutton, Hannah Ott,
o Chloe Richardson, Sarah VanBrocklin, Nathan Schneider
· Adopted the following resolution of commendations:
o General Livestock Judging Team: Placed 2nd out of 20 teams at the District One Judging Invitational. Micah Smock placed 1st out of 204 individuals. Also placing for the team were Evan Aufderhaar-11th, Paul Buehler-16th and Zane Egbert-17th.
o Equine Judging Team: Placed 1st out of 19 teams at the District One Judging Invitational. Madeline Okuley placed 1st out of 81 individuals. Also placing for the team were Madison Steinke-3rd, Paige Oakley-5th and Madison Gerstner-24th.
· Accepted a $1,000 donation for the Scholarship fund from First National Bank.
· Approved the Certificate of Project Completion and authorize the President and Treasurer to execute the Certificate and to approve the Treasurer to close Fund 010 and dispose of the remaining funds in accordance with ORC Section 3318.12
· Approved to move the May regular BOE meeting to Tuesday, May 16, 2017.
· Heard updates on the following:
o Principals' Reports
o Storage Facilty
o Kindergarten age date
o Emerson Climate Educational Grants were awarded to Ashleigh Ratermann-School Supply Store; Michele Meyer-Dads and Donuts: Improving Fathers' Involvement in Literacy Development; Stacy Braun-Keeping Kids Engaged:Paperless; Kristin Ruppert-Wild About Animals!. Botkins will receive $1216.28 from the Miami Regional Education Service Center when money arrives from Emerson Climate Technologies, Inc. for these teachers' programs.