The BOE met on April 11th for the regular board meeting and took the following actions:
- Brad Steinke was present to speak to the board regarding the cell phone policy at school.
- RJ Poeppelman was present to speak about his Eagle Scout project. He would like to put a flag pole up at the track. He plans to be done by the end of the summer with this project.
- Eric Guckes was present to update on the status of the lights at the track.
- Approved the minutes of the March 15, 2018 Board of Education regular meeting.
- Approved the Treasurer's report by fund, Detail General Fund activity report, the Investment report, and 5-year review of General Fund Financial activity report as presented.
- Approved the following Then and Now purchase order: Donald A. Sommer, Inc. purchase order #55956 for snow removal in the amount of $3,000.
- Heard from the following committees:
Negotiations: Will be meeting with Bryan Trego this week.
Park Board: Reported on the Easter Egg Hunt
Scholarships: Will be meeting this coming weekend.
- Approved the following list of graduates of the Class of 2018 as presented, pending completion of all necessary course work.
- Moved that Botkins Local School, grades 7-12, would become a member of the OHSAA for the 2018-19 school year.
- Adopted the 7-12 handbook for the 2018-19 school year as presented.
- Adopted the K-6 handbook for the 2018-19 school year as presented.
- Adopted the Volunteer handbook for the 2018-19 school year as presented.
- Approved the Classified handbook for the 2018-19 school year as presented.
- Approved the Faculty handbook for the 2018-19 school year as presented.
- Adopted the Wellness Policy for the 2018-19 school year as presented.
- Approved the following overnight trips as presented:
FCCLA State Leadership Conference - April 25th-27th in Columbus
Boys Soccer Camp - July 16th-18th at Ohio Dominican University
- Hired the following personnel as summer tutors and coordinator per salary schedule:
Katie Greve - Summer School Coordinator/Tutor
Becky Walters - Summer School Tutor
Kristina Paul - Summer School Tutor
Rob Berryman - Summer School Tutor
Kendra Berryman - Summer School Tutor
Kayla Sherman - Summer School Tutor
Erin Maier - Summer School Tutor (through the MRESC)
Debbie Faulder - Summer School Tutor
Lynn Smallwood - Summer Speech Therapy (through the MRESC)
Jessica Hoying - Summer School Tutor
- Hired the above students as seasonal summer help: Xavier Pax and Johnathon Yenser (college students), Connor Stutsman, Olivia Jones, Neveah Parks, Nathan Schneider, Jill Greve, Madison Wendel, Liza Aselage, Kloie Rogers, Averie Thorpe, Chloe Richardson, Courtney Sutton, Alyssa Bailey, Makenna Maurer, Alan Fullenkamp, Justin Shuga, Sarah VanBrocklin, Brielle Boroff, Elliott Goubeaux, Paul Buehler
- Approved student athletic workers at minimum wage as presented: Ethan Butcher, Jenna Free, Josh Madden, Zane Paul, Conner Smock
- Hired Ann Gerstner as the Spring Drivers Ed Instructor.
- Accepted the resignation of Diana Butcher for the purpose of retirement.
- Entered executive session to consider the employment, appointment, demotion, or compensation of a public employee or official.
- Left executive session.
- Hired Phil Groves as the Varsity Girls Basketball coach for the 2018-19 school year.