The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on August 11, 2010.
Took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the July 14, 2010 board meeting.
* Approved the financial report
* Reviewed Committee reports
* Approved the kindergarten route for the 2010-11 school year as presented.
* Approved a resolution of commendation for the entire school district for earning an Excellent rating on the LRC for the 2009-10 school year.
* Approved a resolution of commendation for Kent Boyd for his outstanding performances on So You Think You Can Dance
* Hired Gretchen Lamb and Lauren Kiracofe as substitute teachers for the 2010-11 school year.
* Hired Lavelle Smith as the Dr. Training Manager and Drivers Training Instructor for the 2010-11 school year.
* Hired Kathy Roggenkamp as Intervention Coordinator on an as-needed basis.
* Hired Maria Dietz and Cheryl Fark as tutors for the 2010-11 school year.
* Agreed to set the tuition rate for the 2010-11 school year as set by the state.
* Approved the overnight trip for the boys/girls high school cross country teams on September 17 & 18 to Eaton, Ohio.
* Approved participation in Comp Management for our workman's compensation for FY2011.
* Entered an agreement with the Shelby Co. ESC for $4500 for the 2010-11 school year.
* Postponed entering a program service agreement with the Shelby Co. ESC until the September board meeting.
* Accepted a $100 donation from Mr. & Mrs. Shultheis and a $100 donation from Henie Roggenkamp.
* Called a special board meeting on Monday,August 16, at 7:00 PM in the band room as a joint meeting with the Botkins Village Council.
* Approved a resolution for the OSFC to conduct a Facilities Assessment to determine facility needs.
* Learned that we are negotiating with Boomerang Rubber for property valuation.
* Learned that we will have to hire a private contractor beginning January 1, 2011, as the Shelby Co. Sheriff's office will no longer monitor our fire alarm system.
Connie Schneider, Superintedent
Botkins Local School