The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on December 8, 2010.
Hearing and Recogition of the public-
* Ashley Cooper and Mrs. Haehn provided an overview of the FCCLA cluster meeting this fall.
The Board heard committee reports
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the November 10 Board meeting.
* Approved the financial report
* Revised the certificate of estimated resources and made supplemental appropriations.
* Set the time and date for the reorganizational board meeting and regular board meeting for Wednesday, January 12, at 6:45 and 7:00 PM respectively.
* Hired the following personnel --
Kyle Borchers Substitute teacher at $80 per day
Jennifer VanSkyock Substitute teacher at $80 per day
Bill Ray Assistant baseball coach
* Hired Art Zimpfer as head custodian/maintenance per contract.
* Hired Roland Oakley as custodian/maintenance effective Dec. 6, 2010.
* Joined the Shelby Co. Chamber of Commerce for the calendar year 2011.
* Hired Paula Owen for Assistant Musical Director per salary schedule.
* Discussed the calendar for the 2011-12 school year.
* We received the results of the 3rd grade reading tests. 89% of our students passed the test.
* Rooms to be painted next summer are 14, 15, 38, 39
* The following were Chamber Grant recipients:
Luanne Powell for Readiness is a Key to Success
Michele Meyer for Improving Reading Comprehension and Achievement through Focusing on Fluency
Michele Meyer for Becoming the Writer You Always Wanted To Be
Amy Landis for Using Tradebooks to improve Reading Comprehension
* Discussed the RttT Grant. We received conditional approval for this grant.
Connie Schneider, Supt.
Botkins Local School