The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on December 10, 2014. The Board took the following actions:
v Approved the minutes of the November 12, 2014, Board of Education regular meeting and November 22, 2014 special board meeting.
v Approved the Treasurer’s report by fund, the Investment report and cash balance report as presented.
v Heard Committee reports –
· Building and Maintenance (Jack and Mark) – The majority of the building has been moved.
· Park Board – (Mark and Neil) – Reviewed Park Board agenda
· Technology – (Neil and Rebecca) – Servers will move Thursday.
· Boosters – (Janet) – Night at the Races will be held the last Saturday in January.
v Hired the Megan Buetner as the Varsity Softball Assistant.
v Set the reorganizational meeting and the regular board meeting for Wednesday, January 14, 2015, at 6:45 PM and 7:00 PM respectively.
v Approved the purchase of a salt spreader from Koenig’s Equipment not to exceed $1,000.
v Adopted the resolution of commendations for the Parli Pro teams advancing to Districts. The Varsity Parli Pro team members were Lucas Buehler, Allison Guckes, Josh Miller, Micah Smock, Kayla Kohler, Maddie Okuley, Phil Greve and Kyle Maurer. The Novice Parli Pro team consisted of Freshmanmembers Jamie Carducci, Dani Schneider, Paige Lane, Payton Amstutz, Zane Egbert, Kierstyn Carter, Ethan Butcher and Jessica Haywood.
v Approved the Washington D.C. trip for the Class of 2020 from October 13, 2015 to October 18, 2015.
v Accepted the donations listed to use for the Jeff Roberts Memorial Scholarship:
· The Baseball Parents Association - $1,000
· Robert and Susan Mowery - $100
· Andy and Julie Schneider - $50
· Thomas Roetgerman - $50
· Virginia Maurer - $50
v Accepted the park user fee agreement for the 2015 calendar year.