The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on February 2, 2011.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the Jan. 12, 2011, Board of Education reorganizational meeting and the Jan. 12 regular meeting.
* Approved the Treasurer's report by fund, the Investment report, and cash balance report as presented.
* Amended the Certificate of Estimated Resources and made supplemental Appropriations as presented -- an increase to
Chamber Foundation Grant to $2498.
* Approved the Then and Now purchase orders for the repair of buses
* Adopted a resolution for Mrs. Kindelin, Mr. Doseck, Mr. Buettner, and the robotics team for being Regional Champs and qualifying for State.
* Approved the overnight trips: 6th grade trip to Henry Ford/Greenfield Village - May 12 & 13
8th grade trip to Washington D.C.- October 18-23
FCCLA State Convention - April 14 & 15
FFA State Convention - May 5 & 6
* Approved book fees for the 2011-12 school year with no increases.
* Hired Ross Kohler as a substitute/student janitor at a rate of $7.40 per hour and hired Heather Thaman as temporary at-risk tutor and Sue Carter as
temporary Sp. Ed. teacher.
* Amended the 2011 calendar to designate February 21 as a make-up day and May 31 as a teacher inservice day.
Connie Schneider, Superintendent
Botkins Local School