The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on February 8, 2012.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the January 11, 2012 Reorganizational meeting and the regular meeting.
* Approved the Treasurer's report by fund, the Investment report, and cash balance report as presented.
* Amended the Certificate of Estimated Resources, made supplemental Appropriations, and modified appropriations as presented.
* Approved the following overnight trips:
6th grade to Henry Ford/Greenfield Village - May 17 & 18
8th Grade trip to Washington DC - October 16-12, 2012
FFA State Convention - May 3 & 4
FCCLA State Convention - April 19 & 20
FCCLA State Officer Meeting - February 7-9
FCCLA State Officer Meeting - March 13-14
FCCLA State Leadership Meeting Prep - April 17-20
* Approved book fees for the 2012-13 school year with no increase.
* Hired Jonathan Fisher as a substitute/student janitor at a rate of $7.70 per hour.
* Hired Brooke McGowan as JH Track Coach per salary schedule
* Hired Dustin Ike as volunteer coach for JV Softball
* Accepted $150 in donations for the Mark & Kathy Roggenkamp Education Scholarship
* Moved to authorize the purchase of a new 72 passenger stock bus from Cardinal for the 2012-13 school year and approved financing for the bus purchase over 3 years.
* Approved the project agreement with OSFC as presented.
* Approved the resolution for the sale and issuance of school improvement bonds.
* Approved an agreement for professional design services with Fanning/Howey related to the OSFC K-12 project.
* Entered executive session to consider the purchase of property.
* Agreed to change the March Board of Education Meeting to March 13 @7 p.m.
* Heard Updates-
-Note of Thanks from Ann Loy
-Update on Annexation - Annexation process leg work is complete - we will continue with Annexation - end of February
-Updated districting - Mr. Buchy
-Construction Counsel Services - we will agree to the fixed rate for services.
-We submitted a grant application for a scrap tire grant for the track - Thanks to Mary Lee Smock.
-We are required to enter a new agreement with ESC for next fiscal year.
-RttT - we are pursuing becoming a Formative Insuractional Process School - have a team of teachers/administration attending.
Connie Schneider, Superintendent
Botkins Local School