January 2013 Reorganizational
Reorganizational Meeting of Botkins Board of Education – Jan. 9, 2013
The Board took the following actions:
· Elected Jack Koenig as the president of the Botkins Board of Education for calendar year 2013.
· Elected Anita Uetrecht as the vice-president of the Botkins Board of Education for calendar year 2013.
· Set compensation for Botkins Board of Education members at $40 per meeting for calendar year 2013 with compensation not to exceed 12 meetings per year.
· Established the date of the 2nd Wednesday of each month, the time of 7:00 PM, and the location of the high school media center as the standard date, time, and location for the regularly scheduled meetings of the Botkins Board of Education during 2013.
· Designated Anita Uetrecht as the Botkins Board of Education legislative liaison to the OSBA during 2013.
· Designated Anita Uetrecht as the Botkins Board of Education student achievement liaison during 2013.
· Designated the Sidney Daily News and the Wapakoneta Daily News as the official newspapers of the Botkins School District during 2013.
· Set the mileage rate at 50 cents per mile for 2013.
· Approved the following standing authorizations:
1. Authorized the treasurer to secure advances from the Shelby Co. Auditor when funds are available and payable to the school district.
2. Authorized the treasurer to invest any inactive funds at the most productive interest rate.
3. Authorized the treasurer to pay bills and to make appropriation modifications as needed within the limits of the appropriation measure.
4. Authorized the treasurer in conjunction with the Board President to borrow funds in anticipation of tax receipts.
1. Authorized the superintendent to employ such temporary personnel as is needed for emergency situations.
2. Authorized the superintendent to serve as the district purchasing agent.
3. Authorized the superintendent to be the district Title IX Compliance Officer for Botkins School District.
· Approved the cost of bonding for the treasurer, school secretaries, superintendent, board president, and other school employees as necessary for calendar year 2013.
· Appointed Board members to the following Administrative committees:
1. Buildings and Maintenance Jack Koenig/Mark Goubeaux
2. Finance and Audit Jack Koenig/Mark Goubeaux
3. Negotiations Jack Koenig/Anita Uetrecht
4. Foundation Angie Woodruff/Mark Goubeaux
5. Park Board Angie Woodruff/Janet Bergman
6. Technology Mark Goubeaux/Janet Bergman
7. Student Achievement Liaison OSBA Anita Uetrecht
8. Louise Sheets Anita Uetrecht
9. Boosters Angie Woodruff/Janet Bergman
· Approved participation in the following for 2012-13: all Federal/Title funds associated with the CCIP, free lunch program, VoAg matching grant, Ohio K-12 network, etech – REAP, RttT, AVID, AP Virtual Learning, RttT Mini Grant.
· Set the cost to the public for copies of public records at 10 cents per page for the 2013 year.
Botkins Local School