January 2017 Reorganizational
The BOE met on January 11th for the reorganizational meeting and took the following actions:
· Elected Neil Boerger as President for the 2017 calendar year.
· Elected Mark Goubeaux as Vice-President for the 2017 calendar year.
· Set the compensation for Botkins Board of Education members at $40 per meeting for calendar year 2017 with compensation not to exceed 12 meetings per year.
· Established the date of the 2nd Wednesday of each month, the time of 7:00 PM and the location of the high school media center as the standard date, time and location for the regularly scheduled meetings of the Botkins Board of Education during 2017.
· Designated Anita Uetrecht as the Botkins Board of Education Legislative Liaison to the OSBA during 2017.
· Designated Anita Uetrecht as the Botkins Board of Education Student Achievement Liaison during 2017.
· Designates the Sidney Daily News and the Wapakoneta Daily News as the official newspapers of the Botkins School District during 2017.
· Approved expenses for board members, teachers, administrators and classified staff members for attending professional meeting and when conducting school business, to set the mileage rate at .50 cents per mile for 2017.
· Approved the following standing authorizations:
Authorize the treasurer to secure advances from the Shelby County Auditor when funds are available and payable to the school district.
Authorize the treasurer to invest any inactive funds at the most productive interest rate.
Authorize the treasurer to pay bills and to make appropriation modifications as needed within the limits of the appropriation measure.
Authorize the treasurer in conjunction with the Board President to borrow funds in anticipation of tax receipts.
Authorize the superintendent to employ such temporary personnel as is needed for emergency situations.
Authorize the superintendent to serve as the district purchasing agent.
Authorize the superintendent to be the district Title IX Compliance Officer for Botkins School District.
· Appointed Jack Koenig as the treasurer pro-tempore in the treasurer’s absence during a board meeting.
· Approved the cost of Bonding for the treasurer, secretaries, superintendent, board president and other school employees as necessary for calendar year 2017.
· Appointed Board members to the following Administrative committees:
Buildings and Maintenance: Jack Koenig
Finance and Audit: Jack Koenig and Neil Boerger
Negotiations: Anita Uetrecht and Rebecca Hoelscher
Park Board: Neil Boerger and Mark Goubeaux
Technology: Jack Koenig
CIC: Mark Goubeaux
Louise Sheets: Anita Uetrecht and Becky Hoelscher
Boosters: Mark Goubeaux and Neil Boerger
Foundation: Rebecca Hoelscher
· Approved participation in the following for 2017-18 school year, all Federal/Title funds associated with the CCIP, free lunch program, Vo Ag matching grant, Ohio K-12 network, etech-REAP, AP Virtual Learning.
· Set the cost to the public for copies of public records at .10 per page for the 2017 year.