The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on January 10, 2007.
The Board acted on the following:
* Approved the minutes of the December 11, 2006 regular board meeting.
* Approved the financial report.
* Heard and approved the treasurer's report.
* Discussed the bond retirement -- we will collect all monies for the bond at the end of 2007. We will not need to collect any more after 12/31/07. We will be collecting interest on this money as it will remain in the general fund. We will drop off 6.7 mills over a 2-year period.
* Heard the committee reports:
Building and Maintenance - discussion of the sidewalk on the east side.
Finance & Audit - District financial data is being reviewed by board.
Foundation - the Louise Sheets money has still not been transferred to the Community Foundation.
Park Board - Looking for a new caretaker
Discussion on paving on the park lane
Looking at placement of track
Track will be east of golf course and will run north & south
Appoved the following:
* Made changes to the bus routes effective January 16, 2007.
* Approved the calendar for the 2007-08 as presented (First day of school is August 22, 2007, and the last day of school is May 22, 2008).
* Set the cost of drivers education at $175 for the 2007-08 school year.
* Adopted a resolution of commendation for the RoBotkins Lego League Team.
* Accepted the resignation of Principal Cheryl Fark effective June 30, 2007, due to retirement.
* Entered executive session to discuss a complaint.
Heard the following updates:
* Discussed the new minimum wage law and how it will affect our district.
* Heard an update on the fuel tank - final inspections are still pending.
* Heard an update on Louise Sheets scholarship.