January 2007 Reorganizational
Reorganizational Meeting - January 10, 2007
The Board of Education took the following actions:
* Elected P.Bradley Reed as President
* Elected Anita Uetrecht as Vice President
* Set compensation for 2007 at $40 per meeting not to exceed 12 meetings per year.
* Established the regular board meeting for 2007 for the second Wednesday of the month at 7:00 PM in the high school media center.
* Designated Jack Koenig as the legislative liaison to OSBA for 2007 and Anita Uetrecht as student achievement liaison.
* Designated the Sidney Daily News and the Wapakoneta Daily News as the official newspapers for the Botkins Local School District.
* Set the mileage rate for 2007 at 40 cents per mile.
Approved the following standing authorizations for the treasurer:
* Authorized the treasurer to secure advances from the Shelby Co. Auditor when funds are available and payable to the school district.
* Authorized the treasurer to invest any inactive funds at the most productive interest rate.
* Authorized the treasurer to pay bills and make appropriation modifications as needed with the limits of the appropriation measure.
* Authorized the treasurer in conjunction with the Board President to borrow funds in anticipation of tax receipts.
Approved the following standing authorizations for the superintendent:
* Authorized the superintendent to employ such temporary personnel as is needed for emergency situations.
* Authorized the superintendent to serve as the district purchasing agent.
* Authorized the superintendent to be the district Title IX Compliance Officer for Botkins School district.
* Appointed Don Gerstner as the treasurer pro-tempore in the treasurer's absence during a board meeting.
* Approved the cost of bonding for the treasurer, school secretaries, superintendent, board president, and other school employees as necessary for calendar year 2007.
* Appointed the following board members to the administrative committees:
Building Don Gerstner and Jack Koenig
Finance & Audit Brad Reed and Jack Koenig
Negotiations Brad Reed and Jack Koenig
Foundation Brad Reed and Angie Woodruff
Park Board Angie Woodruff
Technology Brad Reed
CIC: Anita Uetrecht
Louise Sheeets Anita Uetrecht
Boosters Angie Woodruff and Jack Koenig
* Approved participation in the following programs:
all title funds CCIP, free lunch program, IDEA-B, drug free community, OneNet, SchoolNet Plus, and REAP, erate
* Set the cost to the public for copies of public records at 5 cents per page.