January 2008 Reorganizational
Reorganizational Meeting - January 9, 2008 - Botkins Local School
The Botkins Board of Education took the following actions:
* P. Bradley Reed was elected as president of the Botkins Board of Education for 2008.
* Jack Koenig was elected as the vice-president of the Botkins Board of Education for 2008.
* Set the compensation for Botkins Board of Education members at $40 per meeting for calendar year 2008 with compensation not to exceed 12 meetings per year.
* Established the date of the second Wednesday of each month, 7:00 P.M., in the high school media center, for the regular scheduled meetings of the Botkins Board of Education during 2008.
* Designated Anita Uetrecht as the Botkins Board of Education legislative liaison to the OSBA during 2008.
* Designated Anita Uetrecht as the Botkins Board of Education student achievement liaison during 2008.
* Designated the Sidney Daily News and the Wapakoneta Daily News as the official newspapers of the Botkins School District during 2008.
* Approved expenses for board members, teachers, administrators, and classified staff members for attending professional meetings and when conducting school business, to set the mileage rate at 45 cents per mile for calendar year 2008.
* Approved the following standing authorizations for 2008:
1. Authorize the treasurer to secure advances from the Shelby Co. Auditor when funds are available and payable to the school district.
2. Authorize the treasurer to invest any inactive funds at the most productive interest rate.
3. Authorize the treasurer to pay bills and to make appropriation modifications as needed within the limits of the appropriation measure.
4. Authorize the treasurer in conjunction with the Board President to borrow funds in anticipation of tax receipts.
1. Authorize the superintendent to employ such temporary personnel as is needed for emergency situations.
2. Authorize the superintendent to serve as the district purchasing agent.
3. Authorize the superintendent to be the district Title IX Compliance Officer for Botkins School District.
* Appointed Angie Woodruff as the treasurer pro-tempore in the treasurer's absence during a board meeting.
* Approved the cost of Bonding for the treasurer, school secretaries, superintendent, board president, and other school employees as necessary for calendar year 2008.
* Appointed Board members to the following Administrative committees:
Buildings - Jack Koenig and Anita Uetrecht
Finance and Audit - Jack Koenig and Brad Reed
Negotiations - Jack Koenig and Brad Reed
Foundation - Angie Woodruff and Brad Reed
Park Board - Angie Woodruff and Janet Bergman
Technology - Brad Reed
CIC - Janet Bergman
Student Achievement Liaison OSBA- Anita Uetrecht
Louise Sheets - Anita Uetrecht
Boosters - Janet Bergman and Angie Woodruff
* Approved participation in the following grant programs for 2007-08: all Federal/Title funds associated with the CCIP, free lunch program, VoAg matching grant, Ohio K-12 network, etech - SchoolNetPlus, and REAP.
* Set the cost to the public for copies of public records at 5 cents per page for the 2008 year.
Botkins Local School