January 2009 Reorganizational
Reorganizational Meeting - January 19, 2009 - Botkins Local School
The Botkins Board of Education took the following actions:
* Jack Koenig was elected President of the Board of Education for 2009.
* P. Bradley Reed was elected Vice President of the Board of Education for 2009.
* Set the compensation for Botkins Board of Education members at $40.00 per meeting - not to exceed
12 meetings per year.
* Established regular board meetings for the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7:00 PM in the
high school media center.
* Designated the Sidney Daily News and the Wapakoneta Daily News as the official newspapers during 2009.
* Set the mileage rate at 45 cents per mile.
* Designated Anita Uetrecht as the legislative liaison to OSBA in 2009.
* Designated Anita Uetrecht as student achievement liaison in 2009.
* Approved the following standing authorizations for 2009:
1. Authorize the treasurer to secure advances from the Shelby County Auditor when funds are available and payable to the school district.
2. Authorize the treasurer to invest any inactive funds at the most productive interest rate.
3. Authorize the treasurer to pay bills and to make appropriation modifications as needed within the limits of the appropriation measure.
4. Authorize the treasurer in conjunction with the Board President to borrow funds in anticipation of tax receipts.
1. Authorize the superintendent to employ such temporary personnel as is needed for emergency situations.
2. Authorize the superintendent to serve as the district purchasing agent.
3. Authorize the superintendent to be the district Title IX Compliance Officer for BotkinsSchool District.
* Appointed Angie Woodruff as treasurer pro-tempore.
* Approved the cost of bonding for the treasurer, school secretary, superintendent, board president, and other school employees for calendar year 2009.
* Appointed the following committee members:
Buildings - Anita Uetrecht and Jack Koenig
Finance and Audit - Brad Reed and Jack Koenig
Negotiations - Brad Reed and Jack Koenig
Foundation - Brad Reed and Angie Woodruff
Park Board - Janet Bergman and Angie Woodruff
TEchnology - Brad Reed
CIC - Janet Bergman
Student Achievement Liaison - Anita Uetrecht
Louise Sheets - Anita Uetrecht
Boosters - Janet Bergman
* Agreed to participate in all federal Title funds associated with CCIP, free lunch program, VoAgmatching grant, Ohio K-12 network, etech, REAP.
* Copies for public records are set at 10 cents per copy.
Botkins Local School