January 2012 Reoganizational
The Botkins Board of Education held a reorganizational meeting on Wednesday, January 11, 2012, and took the following actions:
* Elected Jack Koenig as President for 2012.
* Elected Anita Uetrecht as Vice President for 2012.
* Board members Janet Bergman and Mark Goubeaux were administered the oath of office after being elected in Nov. 2011.
* Set the compensation for Botkins Board of Education members at $40 per meeting for calendar year 2012.
* Established the date of the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7:00 PM in the high school media center as the standard date, time, and location for the regularly scheduled meetings of the Botkins Board of Education during 2012.
* Designated Anita Uetrecht as the Botkins Board of Education students achievement liaison during 2012.
* Designated the Sidney Daily News and the Wapakoneta Daily News as the official newspapers of the Botkins School District during 2012.
* Approved expenses for board members, teachers, administrators, and classified staff members for attending professional meetings and when conducting school business, to set the mileage rate at 45 cents per mile.
* Approved the following standing authorizations:
- Authorized the treasurer to secure advances from the Shelby Co. Auditor when funds are available and payable to the school district.
- Authorized the treasurer to invest any inactive funds at the most productive interest rate.
- Authorized the treasurer to pay bills and to make appropriation modifications as needed within the limits of the appropriation measure.
- Authorized the treasurer in conjunction with the Board President to borrow funds in anticipation of tax receipts.
- Authorized the superintendent to employ such temporary personnel as is needed for emergency situations.
- Authorized the superintendent to serve as the district purchasing agent.
- Authorized the superintendent to be the district Title IX Coompliance Officer for Botkins School District.
* Appointed Angie Woodruff as treasurer pro-tempore in the treasurer's absence during a board meeting.
* Approved the cost of Bonding for the treasurer, school secretaries, superintendent, board president, and other school employees as necessary for calendar year 2012.
* Appointed Board members to the following Administrative committees:
Buildings and Maintenance: Jack Koenig and Mark Goubeaux
Finance and Audit: Jack Koenig and Mark Goubeaux
Negotiations: Jack Koenig and Anita Uetrecht
Foundation: Mark Goubeaux and Angie Woodruff
Park Board: Janet Bergman and Angie Woodruff
Technology: Janet Bergman and Mark Goubeaux
CIC: Janet Bergman
Louise Sheets: Anita Uetrecht
Boosters: Janet Bergman and Angie Woodruff
Site Committee: Mark Goubeaux and Jack Koenig
Design Committee: Anita Uetrecht and Jack Koenig
* Approved participation in the following for 2011-12: all Federal/Title funds associated with the CCIP, free lunch program, VoAg matching grant, Ohio K-12 network,
etech - REAP, RttT, ED JOBS.
* Set the cost to the public for copies of public records at 10 cents per page for the 2012 year.
Connie Schneider, Superintendent
Botkins Local School