The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on January 9, 2013.
Recognition and Hearing of the Public – Fanning & Howey reviewed safety and security of the new building. The camera system, motion detectors and electronic lock & key fob system were discussed. The Board is preparing to approve the construction design phase.
The Board took the following actions:
· Approved the minutes of the December 12, 2012, Board of Education regular meeting.
· Approved the Financial Report by Fund
· Approved the Investment Report
· Approved the Treasurer’s report by fund, the Investment report, and cash balance report as presented.
· Amended the Certificate of Estimated Resources, make supplemental appropriations and modify appropriations as presented. RttT mini grant for $1134. Modify appropriations due to land acquisition.
· Committee Reports –
Finance & Audit – we should receive $12,000 from casino profits
Park Board – discussion on mowing at the park – equipment necessary and manpower
· Approved the bus routes as presented.
· Adopted the school calendar for the 2013-14 school year.
· Set the cost of Drivers Education at $275 for Botkins students and $300 for non-students.
· Hired the substitute teachers for the 2012-13 school year --- Sara Greve, Paula Arnett, Hayley Barhorst, Karen Christman, Sara Meyer, Janelle Lowry
· Accepted a donation of $1000 from First National Bank and $1000 from Botkins Community Club for scholarships
· Approved an overnight trip for the swim team for Southwest Classic for Jan. 19th to Trotwood.
· RttT – The regional coordinator met with the transformation team and reviewed our progress.
· Building update – We are finishing up the Construction Design phase. It will require Board approval in February.
· School Safety Plan – Reviewed our Safety Plan. Discussed a deputy coming to the building for a presence.
· Safe Route to School – Board agreed to attend the Village Council meeting to discuss applying for a Safe Route to School Plan.
· Fees for area schools – Reviewed consumable costs for area schools. No cost increase is indicated for next school year.
· Reviewed the investments for the Community Foundation. They will be lowering our fees.
· Reviewed the millage rates for the area schools for FY2013.
Botkins Local School