The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on January 11, 2016. The Board took the following actions:
- Recognized the Board member for School Board Appreciation month.
- Approved the minutes of the December 14, 2016 Board of Education regular meeting.
- Approved the Treasurer's report by fund, the Investment report and cash balance report as presented.
- Approved the bus routes as presented.
- Set the cost of Drivers Education to $275 for students and $325 for non-students for the 2017-18 school year.
- Approved the National Honor Society's service project to Kentucky, March 10-12, 2017.
- Moved to join OSBA for the calendar year 2017 at a rate of S2706.
- Moved to recognize indoor track for the 2017 season.
- Hired the following personnel: Brad Bergman-Substitute bus driver; Alexa Counts-Substitute teacher; Ashleigh Ratermann-Recycling Coordinator.
- The Eagle Scout project and construction of bell monument was tabled for further discussion to allow for Fanning and Howey to create additional drawings for board to look at.
- Adopted the changes to the Board Policy manual as presented.
- Adopted the 2017-18 school calendar as presented.