The BOE met on January 10th for the regular board meeting and took the following actions:
- Recognized the School Board for School Board Appreciation month.
- Eric Guckes of the Botkins Soccer Club spoke in regards to the light project.
- Bobbie Young, Rob Berryman and members of the RoBotkins Lego team shared a demonstration of their project.
- Approved the mintues of the December 13, 2017 Board of Education regular meeting and Special meeting with the Village.
- Approved the Treasurer's report by fund, the Investment report, and cash balance report as presented.
- Heard from the following committees:
CIC: Will meet in January
Athletic Boosters: Getting ready for the annual Night at the Races
- Approved the bus routes for the second half of the school year to take effect Tuesday, January 16, 2018.
- Set the cost of Drivers Education at $275 for Botkins students and $325 for non-Botkins students for the 2018-19 school year.
- Approved the National Honor Society's service project trip to Kentucky March 11-12, 2018.
- Moved to join the Ohio School Board Association for the year 2018 at a rate of $2,771.00.
- Recognized indoor track for the 2018 season.
- Hired Ashley Wilt as a substitute teacher for the 2017-18 school year at a rate of $90 per day.
- Adopted the 2018-19 school calendar as option #3 as presented.
- Adopted the Park User Fee agreement for 2018.