The BOE met on January 10th for the reorganizational meeting and took the following actions:
- Elected Neil Boerger as the President of the Botkins Board of Education for the calendar year 2018.
- Elected Mark Goubeaux as the Vice-President of the Botkins Board of Education for the calendar year 2018.
- Set the compensation for Botkins Board of Education members at $40 per meeting for calendar year 2018 with compensation not to exceed 12 meetings per year.
- Established the date of the 2nd Wednesday of each month, the time of 7:00 PM and the location of the school media center as the standard date, time and location for the regularly scheduled meetings of the Botkins Board of Education during 2018.
- Designated Anita Uetrecht as the Botkins Board of Education student achievement liaison during 2018.
- Designated the Sidney Daily News and the Wapakoneta Daily News as the official newspapers of the Botkins School District during 2018.
- Approved expenses for board members, teachers, administrators, and classified staff members for attending professional meeting and when conducting school business, to set the mileage rate at .50 cents per mile.
- Approved the following standing authorizations:
1. Authorize the treasurer to secure advances from the Shelby County Auditor when funds are available and payable to the school district.
2. Authorize the treasurer to invest any inactive funds at the most productive interest rate.
3. Authorize the treasurer to pay bills and to make appropriation modifications as needed within the limits of the appropriation measure.
4. Authorize the treasurer in conjunction with the Board President to borrow funds in anticipation of tax receipts.
1. Authorize the superintendent to employ such temporary personnel as is needed for emergency situations.
2. Authorize the superintendent to serve as the district purchasing agent.
3. Authorize the superintendent to be the district Title IX Compliance Officer for Botkins School District.
- Appointed Anita Uetrecht as the treasurer pro-tempore in the treasurer's absence during a board meeting.
- Approved the cost of Bonding for the treasurer, school secretaries, superintendent, board president, and other school employees as necessary for calendar year 2018.
- Appointed Board members to the following Administrative committees:
Negotiations: Neil Boerger and Anita Uetrecht
Park Board: Scott Bayless and Mark Goubeaux
CIC: Mark Goubeaux and Scott Bayless
Louise Sheets: Anita Uetrecht
Boosters: Jason Wendel and Neil Boerger
- Approved participation in the following for 2018-19: all Federal/Title funds associated with the CCIP, free lunch program, VoAg matching grant, Ohio K-12 network, etech-REAP, AP Virtual Learning.
- Set the cost to the public for copies of public records at .10 cents per page for the 2018 year.