The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on July 1, 2009.
Hearing of the Public:
Barb Roberts and Mary Lee Smock made a presentation to the Board about the progress of the track committee. The goal of this committee is to secure enough funds to begin building a track/soccer complex.
The Board took the following actions:
* Reviewed the year-end balances for FY09. Reviewed the cash flow report. Learned the Ohio General Assembly passed a temporary budget.
* Approved the treasurer's report as presented.
* Approved a resolution approving a 403b plan document to comply with IRS requirement regulations retroactive to June 1, 2009, to include the new accumulated leave plan.
* Adopted a resolution authorizing 403b tax deferred annuity plan services of planwithease.com
* Made the following supplemental appropriations to reflect the audit -- modify appropriations to reflect the auditor $15,000.
* Learned the audit is ongoing and will be finished this fall.
* We are purchasing 5 smart boards to be installed for the beginning of the school year.
* Moved that transportation to Lima Temple Christian and Wapak St. Joe is impractical and the Board will pay parents in lieu of providing such services.
* Approved bus routes for the 2009-10 school year.
* Approved athletic prices for the 2009-10 school year with no increases and set passes at $70 for adults and $35 for students.
* Hired the following substitute bus drivers -- Chad Berning, Dorothy Gehrlich, Tom Emerson, Don Mack, Gerald Lenhart, David Uetrecht, Dan Knoop, Alice Schmerge, Constance Greve.
* Accepted the following donations:
$345 from Mann Family Care
$200 from Heine Roggenkamp for Mark & Kathy Education Scholarship
$1298.11 from the Village Council for the Jacob Freisthler Scholarship
* Entered Executive Session to consider the employment, dismissal, discipline and/or investigation of charges against a public employee.
* Hired the following substitute cafeteria workers for the 09-10 school year -- Carolyn King and Jodi Marx.
* Hired the following substitute teachers: Heather Buchanan, Tonya Henderson, Susan Ware, Dwight Schmiesing, Julia Monnin, Audrey Gutman, Sarah Sheeley, Meghan Gehret, Susan Carter, Fran Miller, Shirley Umstead, Missy Meyer.
* Hired Phillip Groves as the 4-9 science teacher for the 09-10 school year on a 1-year probationary contract.
* Approved Elizabeth Rinehart as a student teacher with Vicki Steinke this fall.
* Approved the purchase of a 2009 Bluebird bus at a cost of $69,300 per 2008-09 EPC bids.
* Playground equipment has been installed and looks awesome.
* Discussed DP&L rebate and energy savings to our district.
* Bus inspection will be July 8.
* Learned preliminary district report results indicate we will have an excellent rating 30/30
Connie Schneider, Supt.
Botkins Local School