July 2012 Board Bits
The Botkins BOE met on July 11, 2012 and took the following actions...
*Approved the minutes of the June 13, 2012 regular meeting
*Approved the financial report by fund
*Reviewed and approved the investment report
*Approved the then and now purchase order for reimbursements for initial land deposits for
*Hired the following substitutes:
Jennifer Van Skyock
*Approved bus routes for the 2012-13 school year
*Hired Brooke Luthman as JH Cheerleader advisor and Brooke McGowan as girls varsity soccer assistant. Harold Poppe substitute media specialist.
*Approved the FFA livestock judging team to Massachusetts Sept. 13-16th.
*Approved the wording of the CRA exemption for Brown Industrial.
*Held an excutive session to discuss hiring of personnel.
*Hired the following personnel.
Jacquelyn Russell - 1 yr. probationary contract as a science teacher
Andrea Koenig - Media Specialist
Hired Michael (Mick) Jones as maintenance supervisor.
*Accepted the resignations of Kerrie Smith and Andy Rammel
*Accepted a donation of $150 in memory of Marie Behr.
*Approved a CRA exemption for Buckeye
*Approved administrative contracts for Jody Jones, Jeff McPheron, and Art Zimpfer.
*Authorized the superintendent to purchase property.
*Heard the following updates:
- New Bus #8 has arrived and passed inspection
- All busses passed inspection
- We received a $48,000 AVID college and career readiness grant
- Learned about the new OTES(Ohio Teacher Evaluation System). It will be fully implemented by the 2014-15 school year
- Annexation of the Hageman property has been submitted to the Shelby County Commissioners for approval.
- Reviewed information concerning the bus fleet
- Heard an update on RttT
Botkins Local School