The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on July 24, 2013.
Mayor Steve Woodruff attended the meeting to request a joint meeting of the Village and the School Board for the purpose of discussing the School Board paying for use of the park fields.
The Board took the following actions:
· Approved the minutes of the June 24 Board of Education meeting.
· Reviewed the Investment report
· Approved the following Then & Now purchase order for the K & K Tours for $7,650.
· Approved participation for the 2014 Workers’ Compensation Group Rating Program for an Enrollment fee of $305.
· Hired the following substitute teachers for the 2013-14 school year at a rate of $85 per day. Carolyn Jensvold, Dwight Schmiesing Harold Poppe, Whitney Rogers, Jennifer VanSkyock, Kristin Higgins, Sue Carter, Sara Greve, Paula Arnett, Karen Christman.
· Approved bus routes for the 2013-14 school year per salary schedule adding the total bus routes to 6.
· Approved the FFA attending the 2013 National Convention in Louisville, Kentucky October 30th-November 2nd.
· Hired the following personnel: Jennifer VanSkyock-7th grade Volleyball coach, Jennifer Kinniger-Varsity Softball assistant coach, Janell Welker-Girls Soccer assistant coach, Jordan Paul-Boys Soccer assistant coach, Susan Covelli-1 year contract as HS Secretary.
· Approved revisions to the Athletic handbook for the 2013-14 school year.
· Approved the agreement with Auglaize Cty. ESC for curriculum services as presented.
· Postponed entering the ESC contract for the 2013-14 school year until a meeting is held between the Botkins Locals School Board and the Shelby Cty. ESC Board.
· Approved to increase the Athletic checking account to $3,000.
· Adopted the resolution and approved the electrical utility easement to Dayton Power and Light.
· Adopted a resolution of commendation for Lindsey Schneider as National FCCLA 1st Vice President and Kaitlyn Schmerge, Mackenzie Brown and Brooke Bornhorst for earning a Gold rating in the FCCLA Chapter Showcase Manual at National Convention.
· Approved a change order to Charles Construction for $26,887.06 to 15” field tile.
· Accepted a $250 donation from Dave and Anita Uetrecht for the Art funds.
· Entered executive session to discuss personnel.
· Set a special Board meeting for the purpose of a joint meeting between the village of Botkins and the Board of Education on September, 18th at 7:00 p.m.
· Reviewed the 2nd year of AVID.
· Reviewed quotes on roof damage repair. Our insurance will approve the contract.
· Reviewed are lunch prices-our lunch prices are the lowest in the area.
· We will train several people in the mandatory Restraint training.
· Discussed Brown Industrial 100% tax abatement for 15 years for a CRA. Decision will be made at the August Board meeting.