The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on June 6, 2007.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the May 9, 2007, Board meeting.
* Approved the financial report - receipts exceeded expenditures in general fund, athletic fund, cafe fund. Overall very close to 5-year forecast.
* Heard committee reports:
Summer maintenance is on schedule.
Gym floor has been finished.
Buses are having summer maintenance completed - inspection July 11.
Boosters are preparing for Carousel.
The Board approved the following:
* Accepted donations:
$25 - Greg & Priscilla Wilt for the Sculpture Fund
$1000 - from Tom & Shirley Counts for the Ed Counts Memorial Scholarship.
$1795 - from the ABC's for a popcorn maker.
* Approved temporary appropriations for FY08
General Fund $1,200,000
Debt Service $ 200,000
Enterprise Fund $ 100,000
Special Revenue $ 80,000
Capital Projects $ 100,000
* Set lunch prices for the 2007-08 school year:
Grades 1 - 6 $1.25
Grades 7 - 12 $1.50
Kindergarten 10 cents
Grades 1 - 3 25 cents
Extra milk 25 cents
* Approved the a la carte menu for the 2007-08 school year with no increases.
* Set the sub rate at $80 per day.
* Hired mowers for the park -
Jerry Aselage - $8.29
Bobby Meyers - $8.29
* Joined OSBA-Gates McDonald workman's compensation coverage.
* Entered an agreement with Shelby Co. ESC to provide Ohio Core - grant programming for $450.
* Accepted the resignation of Kay Miller due to retirement.
Heard updates on the following:
* Sophomores and juniors met cut-offs on all sections of the OGT for the 2006-07 school year.
* Discussed the bus fleet and the need for the purchase of a new bus.
* Heard an update on the OSFC project - timetable for this project.