The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on June 13, 2012, and took the following actions:
* Ashlee Zimpfer, new 2nd grade teacher, was present and introduced to the board.
* Approved the minutes of the May 9, 2012 Board of Education regular meeting, and the May 29 special meeting.
* Approved the Financial Report, the Investment Report, and cash balance report as presented.
* Amended the Certificate of Estimated REsources, made supplemental Appropriations and modified appropriations as presented.
* Heard Committee Reports:
Park Board - discussion was held concerning the completion of the track.
Technology - we purchased 2 ipad mobile labs for the 12-13 school year.
* Adopted the resolution approving project schedule, schematic estimate and schematic design documents related to the new K-12 building.
* Approved Temporary Appropriations for FY13 as listed.
* Set the pay for substitute teachers for the 2012-13 school yer at $85 per day.
* Set lunch and milk prices for the 2012-13 school year at $1.60 for grades 1-6
$1.90 for grades 7-12
$2.60 for adult meals
Milk: 10 cents for kindergarten
25 cents for grades 1-3
25 cents for extra milk
* Approved the nutritional guidelines as presented effective the 2012-13 school year and reviewed a la carte items for the 12-13 school year.
* Hired the personnel listed as indicated:
Summer tutors: Scott Bayless, Maria Westgerdes, Heather Thaman, Gina Gerhet, Krystal Nafziger, Jacquelyn Russell, Melissa Grunden, Michele Meyer(sub),
Sue Carter (sub), Hollie Ahrens
OGT tutoring: Andy Rammel and Janine Schmitmeyer
Summer intervention teacher/coordinator/OGT: Emily Bayless
* Hired the extracurricular positions per salary schedule for the 2012-13 school year:
Recycling Coordinator Tina Paul
JH/HS Solo & Ensemble Paula Owen
Varsity baseball head coach Phil Groves
Varsity baseball assistant Dennis McPheron
Junior varsity baseball coach Dave Maurer
Varsity softball head coach Bryan Trego
Varsity softball assistant Andy Rammel
Varsity track Ryan Gutman
Varsity track Fred Schmerge
Varsity assistant track (throwers) James Johnson
Track - pole vault Allan Egbert
JH track Brooke McGowan
* Hired Ashlee Zimpfer on a 1-year probationary contract and Heather Thaman on a 1-year limited contract as an aide and 1-year probationary contract.
* Approved donations as presented:
$250 from Carl & Phyllis Serr for scholarship fund.
$250 from Wayne & Connie Schneider for the Carl & Phyllis Serr Scholarship fund.
$400 for FCCLA
$150 from Care-a-Lot Preschool
$1000 from Tom and Shirley Counts for the Ed Counts Memorial Scholarship
* Adopted resolutions of commendation for the athletes who qualified for Regional & State competition in track.
4x400m relay - 3rd in District - 8th in Regionals
Kaitllin Underwood - Shot Put - 3rd in District - 8th in Regionals
Kaitlin Underwood - Discus - 3rd in District - Regional Champ - 15th at State
Brittany Bailey - 800m run - District Champion - 3rd in Regional - 6th at State
Hailey Billing - High Jump - District Champion - Regional Qualifier
Whitney Bornhorst - 300m hurdles - 3rd in District - Regional Qualifier
* Adopted changes to Board Policy 8462 as presented.
* Moved to deny the request for 100% abatement on a new contruction project requested by Brown Industrial and agreed to a 50% abatement for new construction and authorized the treasurer to write a resolution to reflect the approved motion and directed the treasurer to provide a copy to the Village of Botkins prior to June 30, 2012.
* Moved to set the salary for the 2012-13 school year for certified teachers at 0% increase and offer a $1000 stipend to the employees who will not receive a step increase. Classified employees will receive a 3% increase.
* Reviewed the following:
Bus Fleet information
Health Inspection report
Agreed to repair bleachers as recommended by Farnham
RttT - reviewed the teacher evaluation system
CTL - we met with CTL and CTL agreed to address the issue with the farmland.
Information on floor for new building and Ag. shop
Learned that we received a $43,000 AVID grant.
Connie Schneider, Supt.
Botkins Local School