The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on June 12, 2013.
The Board took the following actions:
· Approved the minutes of the May 8th Board of Education regular meeting.
· Approved the Treasurer’s report by fund, the Investment report, and cash balance report as presented.
· Amended the Certificate of Estimated Resources, made supplemental Appropriations, and modified appropriations as presented.
· Approved the Then & Now purchase order for Shelby Co. Esc. for $5,000 and Project Management Consultants for $3,500.
· Adopted the resolution approving the restraint and seclusion policy, teacher evaluating policy and the Third Grade Reading Guarantee.
· Approved the memoranda of understanding with the BFT amending Master Agreement Article IX with evaluations.
· Approved the Temporary Appropriations for FY13:
General Fund $1,200,000
Debt Service $200,000
Enterprise Funds $100,000
Special Revenue $80,000
Capital Projects $3,000,000
Fiduciary Funds $20,000
· Approved to set the pay for substitute teachers for the 2013-14 school year at $85 per day.
· Adopted the end of course exam for American History and Government.
· Approved school competition foods, A le carte items and to set the lunch and milk prices for the 2013-14 school year as listed:
Grades 1-6 $1.65
Grades 7-12 $1.95
Grades 1-3 $0.30
Extra Milk $0.30
· Hired the following:
Carly Stiger Summer Tutor
Kristin Higgins Summer Tutor
Andrea Greve Summer Tutor
Jennifer VanSkyock Summer Tutor
Jennifer Damshroder Summer Tutor
Adam Fullenkamp OGT and Summer Tutor
Andrea Koenig OGT and Summer Tutor
Jacquelyn Russell OGT Tutoring
Janine Schmitmeyer OGT Tutoring
Chelsea Rogers (Sub) Summer Tutoring
Michele Meyer (Sub) Summer Tutoring
Heather Thaman Summer Intervention Coordinator and Tutor
Hollie Ahrens Inservice
· Hired Laura Mack as 7-12 Science Teacher on a 1 year probabtional contract at a salary to be determined.
· Hired the following Extracurricular Positions per salary schedule for the 2013-14 school year:
Phil Groves Varsity Baseball head coach
Dennis McPheron Varsity Baseball assistant
Bryan Trego Varsity Softball head coach
Ryan Gutman Varsity Track
Fred Schmerge Varsity Track
Dylan Newman Varsity Assistant track (throwers)
Allan Egbert Track – Pole vault
Brooke McGowan JH Track
· Hired Drake Woodruff as summer tech. help – minimum wage.
· Approved the following resolutions of commendations for:
Whitney Bornhorst – 3rd in 300m hurdles in District and 10th in Regionals.
Chloe Flora – 3rd in 800m run in District; 5th at Regionals.
4x400 relay of Whitney Bornhorst, Kayla Heuker, Chloe Flora and Bethany Christman – 4th in Districts and 9th in Regionals.
Austin Jones – 4th in 800m run in Districts and 10th in Regionals.
· Approved the tournament manager rate of $100 per tournament and sectional games.
· Accepted the resignation of Erica Scully.
· Entered executive session to discuss negotiations.
· Moved to offer a 2.5% increase to certified personnel and grant a 2.5% increase to classified staff.
· Approved to change the July Board Meeting to July 24th, 2013.
· Building Project – The project continues to make progress. The footers on all but the academic wings have been completed. Progress is continuing on the parking lot and driveway areas. Storm sewers have been placed at the front of the building. Building project is on schedule. A review of roof consulting firm was conducted. The board will contract with a firm to oversee the roof.
· Safe Route to School – Did not get approval on our grant. We needed a larger percentage of walkers.
· New textbooks will be purchased for the 2013-14 school year. We have not purchased textbooks for several years.
· Reviewed information for the bus fleet.
Botkins Local School