June 2017 Regular
The Botkins Board of Education met on June 13th, 2017 for the regular board meeting and took the following actions:
- Approved the minutes of the May 16, 2017 regular board meeting and the minutes of the May 28, 2017 special board meeting.
- Approved the Treasurer's report by fund, the Investment report, and cash balance report as presented.
- Amended the Certificate of Estimated Resources and make supplemental Appropriations and modify appropriations as presented.
- Heard Committee Reports:
Buildings and Maintenance - Discussed new scoreboards; lights project-Boosters are checking in to this and paying for it at the park; the bell project has been marked out on the grass; stage floor will be fixed; gym is scheduled for next week.
Technology - Discussed latest items that have been purchased.
- Approved Temporary Appropriations for FY18 as listed:
General Fund $1,200,000
Debt Service $ 200,000
Enterprise Funds $ 100,000
Special Revenue $ 80,000
Capital Projects $ 100,000
Fiduciary Funds $ 20,000
- Set the pay for substitute teachers for the 2017-18 school year at $90 per day.
- Moved to set lunch, milk and ala carte prices as indicated for the 2017-18 school year. There will be no change to the lunch prices pending a waiver from the State. If the State denies the waiver, there be a $0.10 price increase. Also approved the Nutrition Standards for all foods sold in school.
- Adopted the following resolutions of commendation:
Adrianna Jutte-District Runner-Up in the 100m hurdles setting a new school record with a time of 16.40 seconds and qualified for Regional competition. District Runner-Up in the 300m hurdles and qualified for Regional competition. At Regionals she placed 6th.
Micah Smock- District Runner-Up in the 300m hurdles and qualified for Regional competition and set a new school record with a time of 41.15 seconds. At Regionals he placed 6th.
Austin Fullenkamp – District Runner-Up in the 3200m run and qualified for Regional competition. At Regionals he placed 8th.
Joe Shuga- District Runner-Up in the Discus and qualified for Regional competition. At Regionals he placed 5th. District Runner-Up in the Shot Put and qualified for Regionals. At Regionals he placed 3rd and qualified for State. At State he placed 15th.
Josh Miller-District Champ in the Discus and the Shot Put and qualified for Regional completion. He set a new District record in the Shot Put with throw of 55’8.75”. At Regionals Josh was Regional Champ in Discus and Shot Put qualifying him for State competition. At State Josh placed 5th in Discus and placed 3rd in Shot Put earning him All-Ohio in both. Josh also earned Academic All-Ohio.
Grace Homan - District Runner-Up in Shot Put qualifying her for Regional competition. At Regionals she placed 3rdqualifying her for State competition. At State Grace placed 8th earning her All-Ohio. Grace also earned Academic All-Ohio.
- Approved payment to the tournament/site manager, athletic trainer, scoreboard operator, ticket taker and announcer at the rates established by OHSAA for a tournament sporting event for the 2017-18 school year.
- Accepted a $1000 donation from Greve Farms for the Julius and Dorothy Greve Scholarships and a $160 donation from Rosie Mullens' neighbors to benefit the Cara Meyer Scholarship.
- Adopted the resolution to approve a calamity day attendance plan.
- Entered executive session to discuss employment of personnel and negotiations.
- Left executive session.
- Approved Botkins Federation of Teachers agreement for salaries, classified salaries and handbook updates.
- Accepted the resignation of Marian Epperly due to retirement effective June 1, 2017.
- Changed the July Botkins Board of Education meeting to July 11, 2017 at 7:00 PM.
- Hired Andrew Davis as the Business Education teacher per salary schedule.
- Hired the following extra-curricular positions:
Tom Platfoot – Summer Tutor
Krista Meyer – Summer Tutor coordinator
Brad Bergman – Boys Varsity Basketball Assistant
Brad Bergman – Girls Youth League Basketball Coordinator
Brad Schmerge – Boys Freshman Basketball
Dennis Martin – Varsity Baseball
Bryan Trego – Varsity Softball
Ethan Zimpfer – Boys Varsity Soccer Assistant
Andrew Davis – Yearbook Advisor
Sara Brown – Veterans Day Coordinator
Katie Greve – Veterans Day Coordinator
Vicki Steinke – Concession Stand Coordinator
Jane Hough – Concession Stand Coordinator
Jason Liette – RESA Mentor
Stacy Braun – RESA Mentor
Sybil Koenig – RESA Mentor
Ryan Gutman – Boys Varsity Track
Fred Schmerge – Girls Varsity Track
Gina Rogers – Adult Volunteer Coordinator
Ryan Loy – Student Council Advisor