The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on March 12, 2008.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the February 13, 2008 meeting.
* Approved the financial report
reviewed investment report
reviewed payroll, expenses, etc.
* Discussed that our carryover balance will be $700-$750,000
have spent down $250,000 from one year ago.
* Discussed options for funding - operating millage vs. income tax.
* Discussed a future meeting of the finance committee to discuss options for the district.
* Approved revised appropriations
* Committee reports:
Building committee - working on Jarod's Law
Finance committee - to meet
Audit is complete - report is not final
* Non-renewed all supplemental contracts
* Approved a resolution to accept the amounts and rates as determined by the budget commission - authorized the necessary tax levies to certify to the auditor.
* Passed a resolution of commendation to Jean Goettemoeller for her first place finish in FFA prepared speaking.
* Approved changes to Board policy as presented.
* Approved the following make-up dates as needed - May 23, 27, 28, 29.
The board also agreed to add hours as needed.
* Approved a $100 donation from Buckeye Ford for the FFA
* Discussed traffic concerns on Huber Street. We will speak to the Botkins Village Council concerning traffic.
* Entered Executive session.
* Hired Kris Vordermark as IT teacher for the 2008-09 school year on a 1-year contract.
* Discussed the incidents of bullying for the first half of the 2007-08 school year.
* Accepted the resignation of Shirley Elsass effective June 30, 2008.
* Accepted the resignation of Patrick Elsass effective June 30, 2008.