The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on March 16, 2009.
The Board took the following actions:
* Heard a presentation from Mrs. Armstrong's Advanced Radio/TV Production Class - Jamie Wisinski, Jesse Perry, and Michelle Schmidt -- class won 2nd place in the SOITA Documentary presentation.
* Mayor Steve Woodruff asked the Board to pay for the mowing of the soccer field in the fall to give the school first rights to the use of the field.
* Approved the minutes of the February 11, 2009 Board meeting.
* Approved the financial report
* Reviewed the investment report
* Modified appropriations
* Heard committee reports:
Building - curtains were purchased with Louise Sheets monies.]
are looking at playground equipment
* Approved the following:
^ Nonrenewed all supplemental contracts effective at the end of the 2008-09 school year.
^ Adopted a resolution accepting the amounts and rates as determined by the budget commission and authorizing the necessary tax levies and certifying to the county auditor.
^ Resolution of commendations:
-- Christin Fullenkamp - SCL Co-player of the Year
-- Advanced Radio/TV Production Class & Mrs. Armstrong for 2nd place finish with SOITA
-- High school choir and SSA -- earning a superior rating at District contest
-- FFA & Judging Teams for their finishes at Wilmington
^ Release of Louise Sheets Scholarship Fund transferred to the Botkins Local Schools Foundation through the Shelby Co. Community Foundation.
* Hired the following employees:
John Spangler $9.39 per hour Park employee
Jerome Aselage $8.76 per hour Park employee
Terry Wilt $8.46 per hour Park employee
Allan Egbert - Pole vault coach
Andy Thobe - Assistant Varsity Baseball coach
Howard Dewyer $12.50 per hour Sub janitor
Audrey Uetrecht $80.00 per day Sub teacher
* Hired Kathy Roggenkamp as Intervention Coordinator as needed.
* Accepted the resignation of Lavelle Smith due to retirement -- effective the end of 2008-09 school year.
* Entered executive session to review contract status/evaluations of employees
Heard Update on the following:
* Evening With the Arts will be Friday, April 3, 6-9. Open to the public.
* Jane Angelhart will be presenting a workshop March 30-April 3. Workshop will focus on oil painting.
* Judge Zimmerman, new juvenile judge, met with our staff to explain his philosophy and to seek input -- we were pleased with his willingness to work with us.
* Reviewed quotes for playground equipment for the small playground. This equipment will be installed this summer.
* Our food service program received an outstanding review by ODE.
* 4th graders were selected to participate in the Cincinnati Reds Opening Day Parade.
Botkins Local School