The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on March 10, 2010.
Audrey Gutman attended the board meeting on behalf of the Community Club to ask permission to use the school grounds
for the Carousel June 11-13. A contract will be drawn up for this purpose. The Community Club would like the Board
of Education to consider putting additional parking on Cole Field. A proposed diagram was presented.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the February 10, 2010 Board meeting, treasurer's report by fund, investment report
and cash balance report.
* Revised the certificate of estimated resources
Increase Chamber grant fund by $1443.31
* Nonrenewed all supplemental contracts at the end of the 09-10 contract year.
* Approved the following resolutions of commendation:
a) boys' 400 free relay team at districts
b) FFA Livestock Judging 1st place at Wilmington
c) 7th grade Power of the Pen - 4th place
Lindsey Schneider 6th and Sam McCafferty 9th overall
d) Advanced TV/Radio Production placed 2nd at SOITA Multi-Media Contest
e) Aaron Schipper - 3rd place in County Spelling Bee and Regional qualifier
* Hired Jerry Aselage at $8.76 per hour to do baseball/softball diamond work
* Hired Tonya Henderson as a tutor; Tina Paul as a home instruction teacher; and Tammie Pitts as a sub bus driver
* Accepted a donation of $349 from the Stitch-n-Sew 4-H Club.
* Entered executive session to discuss personnel.
* Heard the following updates:
^ Teacher contract status was reviewed - renewals are to take place in April
^ Reminder that Evening With the Arts will be Friday, April 9, and artist Neal Hughes will be doing a
workshop April 5-9.
^ Discussed holding a joint board meeting with town council.
^ Learned that our kindergarten waiver for half-day was approved.
^ Reviewed the Credit Flexibility Plan that must be in place by August 2010.
^ The Community Foundation would like to exchange the investment portfolio for our Education Foundation.
^ Discussed students competing in 2 sports.
Connie Schneider, Superintendent
Botkins Local School