The BOE met on May 16th for the regular board meeting and took the following actions:
· Reviewed the 2017 Ohio School Board Association Business Honor Roll
· Held the IDEA hearing which included the discussion of expenditures of the IDEA funds.
· Vincent Bajwa presented his Eagle Scout Project.
· Josh Meyer discussed the Wiffle Ball Tournament
· Approved the minutes of the April 12, 2017 regular Board meeting.
· Approved the Treasurer's report by fund, the Investment report, and cash balance report as presented.
· Moved to amend the Certificate of Estimated Resources, make supplemental Appropriations and modify appropriations as presented.
· Approved the amended 5-year forecast as presented by the Treasurer.
· Approved a $25,000 transfer from the General Fund to the Severance fund.
· Approved a $10,000 transfer from the General Fund to the Permanent Improvement fund.
· Approved the following resolution:
o RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING TRANSFER OF INTEREST EARNINGS TO PERMANENT IMPROVEMENT FUND AND PRINCIPAL TO BOND RETIREMENT FUND.
· Approved the 5-year Depository Agreement with Minster State Bank.
· Approved the Treasurer to use the school Visa credit card to pay for BWC as well as authorizing other employees to use the credit card to make purchases over $3,000 as long as the Superintendent and Treasurer approve (as evidenced by their sign off on the purchase order). This approval is retroactive to July 13, 2016.
· Moved to hire Brett Meyer as the Boys Varsity Basketball Coach and Boys Summer Basketball Coordinator for the 2017-18 school year at a salary to be determined.
· Hired the following personnel for supplemental for the 2017-18 school year at a salary to be determined.
o Brad Bergman - Athletic Director
o Chad Berning - Freshman Class Advisor
o Kendra Berryman - Varsity Girls Soccer Coach
o Hailey Billing - High School Cheerleader Advisor
o Stacy Braun - Freshman Class Advisor
o Jenni Doseck - Varsity Volleyball Assistant Coach
o Heath Geyer - Boys 7th Grade Basketball Coach
o Rick Geyer - Boys 8th Grade Basketball Coach
o Taylor Doseck - 8th Grade Volleyball Coach
o Phil Groves - Sophomore Class Advisor
o Melissa Grunden - Show Choir Director
o Melissa Grunden - JH/HS Choir Solo and Ensemble Director
o Melissa Grunden - Sophomore Class Advisor
o Melissa Grunden - Music Unlimited Director
o Ryan Gutman - Coed JH and Varsity Cross Country Coach
o Ryan Gutman - Boys Varsity Track Coach
o Ryan Gutman - 8th Grade Class Advisor
o Ryan Gutman - Co-National Honor Society Advisor
o Caitlin Lane - Girls Varsity Soccer Assistant Coach
o Jason Liette - 7th Grade Class Advisor
o Jason Liette - Co-National Honor Society Advisor
o Ryan Loy - Winter Activities Director
o Kevin Lynch - Varsity Boys Soccer Coach
o Laura Mack - 8th Grade Class Advisor
o Dennis Martin - Girls Varsity Basketball Assistant Coach
o Mike Maurer - Girls Varsity Basketball Coach
o Mike Maurer - Girls Summer Basketball Coordinator
o Jeff McPheron - Fall Activities Director
o Brett Meyer - Golf Coach
o Brett Meyer - JV Golf Coach
o Paula Owen - Musical Director
o Paula Owen - JH/HS Band Solo and Ensemble Director
o Paula Owen - Pep Band Director
o Logan Pitts - JV Volleyball Coach
o Tom Platfoot - Junior Class Advisor (1.5%)
o Tom Platfoot - Junior Class Prom Advisor (1%)
o Jeremy Pleiman - Publicity Agent
o Jeremy Pleiman - 7th Grade Class Advisor
o Lynn Pleiman - Academia Team Advisor
o Lynn Pleiman - Senior Class Advisor
o Lynn Pleiman - FTA Advisor
o Keith Puschel - Senior Commencement
o Keith Puschel - Musical Assistant-Lighting/Technology
o Ashleigh Ratermann - Recycling Coordinator
o Fred Schmerge - Coed JH and Varsity Cross Country Coach
o Fred Schmerge - Girls Varsity Track Coach
o Olivia Schneider - Musical Assistant Director
o Heather Thaman - Swim Team Coach
o Bryan Trego - Varsity Volleyball Coach
o Bryan Trego - Summer Volleyball Coordinator
o Bryan Trego - Junior Class Advisor (1.5%)
o Bryan Trego - Junior Class Prom Advisor (1%)
o Bryan Trego - Athletic Facilities Manager
o Samantha Vehorn - 7th Grade Volleyball Coach
o Barb Will - JH Cheerleader Advisor
· Hired the following certified staff members for the contracts as presented:
o Rob Berryman - 1 Year contract
o Jodi Grillot - 1 Year contract
o Kristina Paul - 1 Year contract
o Katherine Greve - 3 Year contract
o Andrea Jones - Part time teacher - 3 Year contract
o Norman Leugers - 3 Year contract
o Jacquelyn Russell - 3 Year contract
o Vicki Steinke - 3 Year contract
o Heather Thaman - 3 Year contract
o Ashleigh Ratermann - Continuing contract
o Maria Westgerdes - Continuing contract
· Hired the following classified staff members for the contracts as presented:
o Kendra Berryman - 2 Year contract
o Donna Bogart - 2 Year contract
o Kelsey Borgert - 2 Year contract
o Debbie Faulder - 2 Year contract
o Mike Free - 1/2 bus route - 2 Year contract
o Ann McCafferty - 2 Year contract
o Phil Snider - 2 Year contract
o Dennis McPheron - Continuing contract
· Accepted the following resignations:
o Dorothy Gehrlich as bus driver to retirement effective as of May 24th, 2017.
o Susan Covelli as bus driver effective as of June 1, 2017.
o Allison Bruns as Family and Consumer Sciences teacher effective as of May 31st, 2017.
o Rachel Gregg as Elementary Guidance Counselor effective as of May 26th, 2017.
· Hired Ken Lemmon as a bus route driver effective as of August 1, 2017.
· Hired the following students as seasonal summer help: Taira Greve, Jill Greve, Johnathon Yenser, Gracen Rogers
· Moved that Botkins Local School will not provide students in grades 7 & 8 with CTE for the 2017-18 school year and will apply for a CTE waiver.
· Approved the following overnight trips:
o Volleyball Camp - Camp at Maumee Bay - July 20th - 22nd, 2017
o FFA - Big "E" Equine and Livestock Judging Contest - West Springfield, Massachusetts - September 14th - 17th, 2017
o FCCLA - FCCLA National Conference - Nashville, Tennessee - July 1st - 7th, 2017
· Adopted the following Resolution of Commendations:
o General Livestock Judging Team - Placed 4th out of 176 teams at the State judging finals. Xavier Pax placed 6th out of 958 individuals, Josh Miller placed 10th, Micah Smock placed 32nd and Lindsey Okuley placed 37th. This qualifies the team to represent Ohio at national contest.
o Equine Judging Team -Placed 2nd out of 123 teams at the State judging finals. Madeline Okuley placed 10th out of 419 individuals, Madison Steinke placed 16th, Payton Amstutz placed 21st and Paige Oakley placed 27th. This qualifies the team to represent Ohio at national contest.
o FCCLA National Qualifiers - Ali'sia Hoskins placed 1st at the State Leadership conference in Environmental Ambassador. Liza Aselage, Emma Ewry and Arica Jutte placed 2nd in Food Innovations. Sarah VanBrocklin, Maggie Buettner and Courtney Sutton placed 1st in Focus on Children. This qualifies them all to compete at nationals.
· Approved an anonymous donation of $1000, $500 for the long-term Serr Scholarship and $500 for the Serr Scholarship.
· Approved the donation of $270 that was received from Tim and Vicki Smith to be used for the Jacob Freisthler Memorial Scholarship.
· Adopted the changes to the Administrative Guidelines as presented.
· Adopted the changes to the Board Policy as presented.
· Set the date Sunday, May 28th, 2017 at 1:00 P.M. for a special board meeting to discuss hiring of personnel.