The Botkins Board of Education met on November 13, 2008, for their regular monthly meeting.
The Board heard reports from the following:
FFA presented the highlights of the FFA National Convention in Indianapolis.
Members of the 8th grade class gave a presentation concerning their recent
trip to Washington D.C.
Bob Doseck from HT Concepts presented the option of adding a link to our webpage as a fundraiser
for online shopping.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the Treasurer's report by fund, investment fund, and cash balance.
* Amended the Certificate of estimated resources and make supplemental appropriations as presented.
* Reviewed the ratification of the Ohio Educational Purchasing Council Natural Gas Sales Agreement.
* Approved a resolution of commendation to the cast, crew, and directors of the musical Willy Wonka Jr.
* Approved a resolution of commendation to express gratitude and appreciation to the Botkins LocalSchool District
community for their overwhelming support of our operating levy.
* Hired the following employees:
Robert Sniegowski - 9th grade basketball coach
Marcy Oakley - Swim coach
Kris Vordermark - 7th grade basketball coach
Andrew Hruska - substitute janitor
* Approved updates to Board Policy as presented - most updates dealt with all employees needing FBI checks.
* Accepted the resignation of Kathy Roggenkamp effective December 31, 2008, due to retirement.
* Approved a $2000 donation in memory of Ben Singer for the Class of 2008 scholarship.
* Approved membership in the Chamber of Commerce at a cost of $82.50 for the calendar year 2009.
* Designated the treasurer to attend the Public Records mandated meeting effective October 30.
* Entered executive session.
* Heard Updates on the following:
^ Learned that we received the Louise Sheets grant for playground equipment and stage curtains - for a total of $14,879.
^ Reviewed the 2007-08 annual report for ODE.
^ Discussed the Louise Sheets Scholarship Fund.
^ Entered an agreement with the Shelby Co. Board MRDD to continue preschool services.
^ Reviewed the updated maintenance schedule.
^ Learned we passed the State Fire Marshal inspection.
Connie Schneider, Superintendent
Botkins Local School