The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on November 10, 2009.
Recognition and Hearing of the Public:
Members of the 8th grade class recapped the trip to Washington D.C.
Members of the FFA gave a presentation about the National Convention and also about the national livestock judging competition.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the October 15, 2009, Board of Education meeting.
* Approved the financial report.
* Review of investment report.
Approved the following:
* Resolution of commendation to the cast, crew, director of the musical 'Oklahoma'.
* Updates to board policies.
* Hired Brandon Rogers as 8th grade JH basketball.
* Approved a 5-year depository agreement with USBank
* Changed the December Board meeting to December 16 at 7:00 PM.
* Repairs have been made to cracked vent pipes.
* Reviewed the Master Account - Botkins Local School Foundation.
* Reviewed personnel and services from ESC.
* New Bus has arrived.
* New lights have been installed in both gyms.
* Discussed All Boards Meeting
* Evaluation forms for superintendent and treasurer were discussed and given to board members
* Discussed 8th grade Washington D.C. trip for next year.
* Discussed staff Christmas party.
* Reviewed the maintenance schedule
* Larry replaced leaking pipes leading to the main water heater.
* Discussed the incorrect ballot for Board of Education that was sent to Auglaize Co. by Shelby Co.
Botkins Local School