The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on November 9, 2011.
FFA members were present to discuss the Big E Livestock Judging competition in Boston, Massachusetts.
During the presentation they discussed highlights of the trip. Overall our livestock judging team was 2nd.
FCCLA members were present to discuss the FCCLA National Convention. Members discussed leadership workshops and star events competitions.
Members also discussed Fall Leadership Camp and Capitol Leadership.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the Oct. 12 regular meeting and the Oct. 31 special meeting.
* Approved the Treasurer's report after hearing and reviewing.
* Approved modifications to the appropriations due to land purchase option agreement.
* Heard Committee reports
Learned that we received two Louise Sheets grants -- folding tables and a camera for the business department
OSFC - congratulations was expressed to the committee of volunteers who headed up the levy campaign
a. survey is to begin
b. audit documents
c. will be meeting with bond counsel
* Approved paying parents in lieu of district transportation to private school.
* Approved resolution of commendation for Roger Miller in Cross Country and the Girls' Cross Country team for being Regional qualifiers
* Reviewed updates to board policy -- adopted changes to board policies
* Approved FCCLA trip to Atlanta, Georgia, for Cluster Meeting
* Approved a waiver to conduct BMI screenings as required for the 2011-12 school year.
* Accepted a $1400 anonymous donation for the musical production and a $300 anonymous donation for the swim team.
* Approved : Elizabeth Rinehart as a substitute teacher and Nathan Tennant as 7th grade girls basketball coach.
* Quarterly Botkins Local School Foundation.
* The updated maintenance schedule.
* The athletic fund finances.
Heard updates on RttT for the month of October.
Connie Schneider, Supt.
Botkins Local School