The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on November 19, 2015. The Board took the following actions:
Approved the minutes of the October 14, 2015 regular board meeting.
Approved the Treasurer’s report by fund, the Investment report, and cash balance report as presented.
Heard from the following committee reports:
Buildings and Maintenance – Athletic Complex work is almost complete. Staff have worked extremely hard to complete all work. Open House is Friday, Nov. 20th.
Technology – New computers for teachers.
CIC – 7 out of 10 lots sold. Will buy an additional 10 acres.
Boosters – Night at the Races
Adopted the following Resolutions of Commendations:
Girls Cross Country – Regional Qualifiers
Boys Cross Country – Regional and State Qualifiers
Chloe Flora – District Champ, Regional Champ, State Qualifier and 4th Place earning her All-Ohio
Academic All-Ohio – Cameron Flora, Aaron Fullenkamp, Jared Goubeaux, Ryan Egbert and Austin Fullenkamp
Approved Jodi Grillot from Wright State Lake Campus will be a student teacher with Mrs. RuppertNovember 23rd – December 11th.
Hired the following personnel:
Olivia Ewry Student Athletic Worker
Jody Trego Classified aide
Stephanie Rickert Softball coach/classified aide
Phil Snider Part-time Maintenance
Heath Geyer Volunteer 7th Gr. Boys basketball
Keith Puschel Musical Art Director
Approved a $1000 donation for Cross Country fund/athletics.
Joined the Shelby County Chamber of Commerce for the 2016 year at a cost of $104.50.
Approved the purpose of a 72 passenger bus from Cardinal Bus.
Approved a Special Board meeting for December 7th at 6:00 PM.
Heard the following updates:
1) Most of the work at the Athletic Complex is complete. A few punch items remain. We have received occupancy. Boiler system is operational.
2) Bridges to play field are almost complete. We need some clamps and end pieces.
3) Remaining items in building are Structured Cabling items.
4) We are working on lights in parking lot at Athletic Complex.
5) Board policies will be online when Neola updates.
6) Review of the 2016-17 calendar.
7) Review of bus bids. We will be purchasing a 72 passenger bus.
8) We have begun the process of reviewing bleachers.