The BOE met on November 8th for the regular board meeting and took the following actions:
- Approved the minutes of the October 11, 2017, Board of Education regular meeting.
- Approved the Treasurer's report by fund, the Investment report, and cash balance report as presented.
- Adopted the following Resolutions of Commendations:
JH Boys Cross Country Team: Back to Back County Champs; Undefeated with an overall record of 135-0.
Cross Country: Varsity Boys and Girls - Regional Qualifiers
Western Ohio Soccer League Champions: High School Boys Soccer Team - 3 years in a row.
Western Ohio Soccer League Coach of the Year: Kevin Lynch
Cross Country State Qualifiers: Austin Fullenkamp and Emma Koenig
- Accepted the resignation of Kaitlin Underwood as Track and Field Events Assistant-Throws Coach effective immediately.
- Moved to join the Shelby County Chamber of Commerce for the 2018 year at a cost of $104.50.
- Adopted the changes to the Board Policy and Administration Guidelines as presented.
- Approved to disburse $195 (or any amount up to $250) from the Botkins Local School Foundation held by the Community Foundation to be used to sponsor the chosen student to attend the HOBY Conference.
- Approved the Washington D.C. trip for the Class of 2023 from October 16, 2018 leaving at 7:00 AM and returning on October 20, 2018 at 11:45 PM.
- Approved an anonymous donation of $1000 that was received to be used for the Serr Scholarship and current scholarships.
- Hired Phil Groves as Freshman Boys Basketball Coach.
- Approved the contracting of OBI services with SCBDD to do bus driver training.