The BOE met on November 14th for the regular board meeting and took the following actions:
- Eric Guckes updated on the "Let There Be Light" project for the soccer/track complex at the park.
- Approved the minutes of the October 10, 2018 regular Board of Education meeting.
- Approved the Treasurer's report by fund, the Investment report, and cash balance report as presented.
- Adopted Resolutions of Commendations for the following:
*High School Soccer Boys - Western Ohio Soccer League Champions 4th year in a row.
*Kevin Lynch - Western Ohio Soccer League and Miami Valley-West Coach of the Year.
*Cody Meyer - Western Ohio Soccer League Player of the Year.
*Varsity Girls and Boys Cross Country Teams - Regional Qualifiers
*Emma Koenig - State Qualifier for Cross Country
- Moved to join the Shelby County Chamber of Commerce for the 2019 year at a cost of $104.50.
- Adopted the changes to the Board Policy as presented.
- Approved to disburse $225 (or any amount up to $250) from the Botkins Local School Foundation held by the Community Foundation to be used to sponsor the chosen student to attend the HOBY Conference.
- Approved the Washington D.C. trip for the Class of 2024 from October 15, 2019 leaving at 6:00 AM and returning on October 19, 2019 11:45 PM.
- Hired Patrick Groff as a substitute teacher for the 2018-19 school year at a rate of $90 per day.
- Hired the following positions for the 2018-19 school year:
Kloie Rogers - Student Athletic Worker
Liza Aselage - Student Athletic Worker
Keaton Schnippel - Student Athletic Worker
Heather Buehler - After-school tutor (through the ESC)
Erin Maier - After-school tutor (through the ESC)
- Approved Kayla Heuker as a volunteer Varsity Girls Basketball Assistant Coach for the 2018-19 school year.