The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on October 10, 2007.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the September 12, 2007, Board meeting.
* Approved the financial report.
* Heard Committee Reports:
Buildings & Maintenance - OSFC meeting
Oct. 25 - 10:00 -- Fanning & Howey will attend
Park Board - annual submission of applications for workers for maintenance
Pool Committee - closing and beginning
Oct. 28 - 5:00 P.M. - prizes - Airstream Raffle
Louise Sheets - committee met
Main board will make final decision
Recommendation to save some dollars
Boosters - Buckeye Bash - Nov. 17
Meet the Team Night - Nov. 9
* Approved 5-year forecast
Cash balance - is declining
will need to consider operating funds -
will be flat -
FY 08 - $774,184
FY 09 - $469,181
FY 10 - $ 16,984
Additional expenses of $250,000 this year
* Approved all Activity Fund accounts for the 2007-08 school year.
* Approved a commendation for the Golf Team and District Qualifiers and
Travis Dietz State Qualifier
* Approval of board policy as presented.
* Hired Doug Short, Alan Russell as substitute teachers and Scott Bayless as a tutor.
* Approved membership in Chamber of Commerce for the 08 calendar year at a rate of $82.50
* Approved the overnight trip of FCCLA to Buffalo, New York, for the Cluster Meeting.
* Entered executive session to discuss student disipline.
* Heard updates on the following:
- OSBA Capital Conference
- Learned we received $44,882 in federal monies for REAP grant
- Reviewed the breakdown of OE numbers
- Reviewed the State Report Card.