The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on October 13, 2010.
Took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the September 8, 2010, meeting.
* Reviewed the treasurer's report
* Approved all Activity Fund Accounts for the 2010-11 school year.
* Approved the 5-year forecast
* Learned that the Board of Revisions projected a decrease in valuation of $472,500 for Boomerang resulting in a loss of $9208 annually. This has already been deducted.
* Adopted a Resolution of Commendation for the District Soil Judging Team for earning the right to compete at state. Team members include Adam Buehler, Cody Buehler, Heath Geyer,
and Evan Dietz. This team is coached by Chad Berning.
* Accepted the resignation of Eric Hulsmeyer as 8th grade basketball coach due to personal reason
* Accepted a $225 anonymous donation for swim team sweats.
* Hired the following personnel for the 2010-11 school year per salary schedule:
Diane Leugers 7th grade volleyball coach
Holly Russell Sub-aide
Gary Boniface Substitute teacher
Jonathan Braunstein Substitute teacher
John Sammons Sub bus driver
* Learned that we are eligible for OSFC monies. Local share will be 25% as dictated by the state.
* Received $46,098 in REAP funds for Title programs.
* Reviewed our DP&L savings for the first 6 months of 2009. We saved $2,000.
* Reviewed the 2009-10 LRC - we received an Excellent rating and our highest performance index ever. This placed us in the top 15 in the state of Ohio - the highest in Shelby Co.
Connie Schneider, Superintendent
Botkins Local School