The Botkins Board of Education held a public meeting to discuss the November bond levy. Information was presented for the upcoming levy.
The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on October 12, 2011.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the September 12, 2011, Board of Education regular meeting.
* Approved the Financial Report by Fund
* Reviewed the Investment Report
* Approved the Treasurer's report by fund, the Investment report, and cash balance report as presented.
* Heard Committee Reports --
^ Finance & Audit - Audit has been completed and are waiting on results.
^ Park Board - Area of putting green was damaged at cross country meet and needs to be repaired. School will repair.
^ CIC - 2 groups interested in businesses.
^ Louise Sheets - had meeting for dispensing $52,000
^ Boosters - Buckeye Bash on Nov. 19/selling apparel
* Approved the 5-year forecast for the Botkins Local School District as presented.
* Approved all Activity Accounts for the Botkins Local School District for the 2011-12 school year.
* Adopted a 5-year depository agreement with Fifth Third Bank from 10-1-11 to 9-30-16.
* Approved Fifth Third Bank as bond counsel for the bond levy.
* Hired the personnel as listed:
^ Alex Hoying - Freshman boys' basketball
^ Jeff Roberts - 8th grade boys' basketball
^ Brad Bergman - 7th grade boys' basketball
^ Allan Egbert - Pole Vault
^ Donna Miller & Jane Kauffman - Substitute teachers
* Adopted a resolution of commendation for Brett Meyer and the Varsity Golf Team and for Mr. Berningand the Livestock Judging Team for their outstanding performances, and Jordan Fledderjohann who finished 1st as an individual at the Big "E" National Livestock Judging Competition.
* Adopted a resolution opposing HB136 concerning vochers and directed the treasurer to send to members of the House of Representatives.
Heard updates on the following:
* Received $47,234 in federal monies (REAP)
* Open Enrollment numbers have increased. The 2011-12 numbers are 182
* Our overall performance index puts us at 26th in the state (highest in Shelby Co.)
* Heard an update on RttT -- all staff members attended personal development workshops on differentiation.
Mr. McPheron and Mrs. Rogers attended a 2-day training for Value Added.
Reviewed IIS systems
Connie Schneider, Supt.
Botkins Local School