The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on October 10, 2012, and took the following actions:
· Recognition and Hearing of the Public – Donn Walls from WOCO gave a presentation about WOCO. WOCO is one of 22 OECN ITC sites. 35,000 member students. WOCO services – hosts/supports software systems – student information systems. Fiscal and human resource software, library automation, technology services – internet service provider
· Approved the minutes of the September 12, 2012, Board of Education regular meeting and the minutes of the special Board meeting on October 2, 2012.
· Approved the Financial Report by Fund.
· Reviewed Investment Report
· Reviewed Payroll, Expenses, Receipts, and GF Balances for FY09, 10, 11, 12, and 13 and cash balance report.
· Approved the Treasurer’s report by fund, the Investment report, and cash balance report as presented.
· Approved the 5-year forecast for the Botkins Local School District as presented.
· Approved all Activity Accounts for the Botkins Local School District for the 2012-13 school year.
· Hired personnel as listed:
Jennifer Damschroder Substitute teacher
Mary-Elizabeth Furgeson Substitute teacher
Sue Carter Tutor
Larry Dietz Sub maintenance
Andy Schneider 7th grade girls basketball coach
Carly Stiger 8th grade girls basketball coach
· Adopted a resolution of commendation for Brett Meyer and the Varsity Golf Team and for Mr. Berningand the Livestock Judging Team for their outstanding performances.
· Approved the Board Resolution for project schedule, design development estimate and design development documents related to the new K-12 building.
Connie Schneider, Supt.
Botkins Local School