The BOE met on October 11th for the regular board meeting and took the following actions:
- Keith Puschel presented the District Technology Plan for 2017-2020. He also stated that the Sports Complex will be 100% WIFI this winter.
- Approved the minutes of the September 13, 2017 Board of Education regular meeting.
- Approved the Treasurer's report by fund, the Investment report, and cash balance report as presented.
- Discussed the deconstruction of the current storage building on State St. Will work on getting quotes if decided to deconstruct.
- Approved all Activity Accounts for the Botkins Local School District for the 2017-18 school year.
- Hired the following substitute teachers for the 2017-18 school year at a rate of $90 per day.
Lydia Rinehart, Claire Pusey, Florence Caruthers, Angelique Ranly
- Hired the following positions for the 2017-18 school year.
Tim Hatcher JV Girls Basketball Coach
Kristin Ruppert After School Tutor
- Accepted the resignation of Emily Gill as a cafeteria worker effective as of September 29, 2017.
- Hired Cynthia Cox as a cafeteria worker effective October 18, 2017 and Jayme McCullough as a substitute cafeteria worker for the 2017-18 school year as presented.
- Adopted the following Resolution of Commendations:
*Horse Judging Team - 1st place at Big E Livestock Judging Contest. Members consisted of Paige Oakley who placed 4th, Madeline Okuley who placed 7th and Madi Steinke who placed 8th overall individually.
*Livestock Judging Team - 2nd place at Big E Livestock Judging Contest. Members consisted of Josh Miller who placed 1st, Lindsey Okuley who placed 5th, Maddie Altherr who placed 12th and Xavier Pax who placed 18th overall individually.
*Nicholas Fischio -SCAL Golf Champion and Player of the Year. District Qualifier where he placed 4th overall individually.
- Accepted the donation of $2245 received from Barb Roberts for the Jeff Roberts Scholarship fund.
- Approved the adoption of the resolution of the revisions to the OASBO Section 457 Plan.
- Approved the resolution to extend the electrical agreement through the end of the December 2022 monthly billing cycle