The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on September 15, 2008.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the August 14, 2008 regular meeting.
* Approved the minutes of the September 3, 2008 special meeting.
* Heard the financial report by fund, cash investment fund, and cash balance report.
* Heard Committee reports--
Roof repair begins on Tuesday.
Learned that there will be a hearing for the Louise Sheets Fund and it will
be transferred in the next month.
Boosters are working on the Buckeye Bash
* Approved changes to bus routes as presented.
* Approved the appropriations for FY09.
* Hired the following personnel:
Substitutes - Sarah Sheeley, Lindsay Hogan, Amanda Wilt, Tonya Henderson
Harold Poppe - Musical Director
Erica Davidson - Musical Assistant
Dan Knepper - Musical Art Director
Jason Liette - Boys JV Basketball coach
Sam Reed - sub-janitor -- minimum wage
Mark Roggenkamp - sub maintenance
* Approval of Overnight Trips:
FCCLA has requested two overnight trips:
Fall Leadership - Marengo - Oct. 13 and 14
FCCLA Cluster Mtg. - Cincinnati -- Nov. 21 and 22
* Established the Mark & Kathy Roggenkamp Scholarship Fund - scholarship
for an education major.
* Approved a resolution to approve the Operating Standards for Children With
* Approved $1500 from the Mayfest Committee for use by the soccer programs.
* Heard updates --
Discussed and set up meeting dates for levy
* Accepted an exchange student tuition free.
* Entered Executive Session to discuss personnel issues.
Botkins Local School