The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on September 9, 2009.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the August 12, 2009 Board of Education meeting.
* Approved the financial report and investment report.
* Heard Committee reports:
Building and Maintenance - we will proceed with replacing lights in both gyms.
We will be receiving about $1600 in rebates. This project will be complete
Negotiations - we have reached an agreement with the union.
* Approved final changes to the bus routes for the 2009-10 school year.
* Approved appropriations for FY10.
* Hired the following personnel for the 2009-10 school year:
Subs - Maria Dietz
Swim coach - Heather Thaman
Sophomore Class Advisor - Phillip Groves
Freshmen Basketball Coach - Phillip Groves
Instructional aide - Holly Russell
* Approved the overnight trips:
FFA to FFA National Convention in Indianapolis, Indiana - Oct. 20--23
Fall FCCLA Leadership Meeting in Marengo, Ohio - Oct. 12 & 13
FCCLA Cluster Meeting in Louisville, KY - Nov. 19-22
* Approved the $100 for Mark & Kathy Roggenkamp Education Scholarship from
Mr. & Mrs. Shultheis
* Approved the negotiated agreement as presented for the 2009-10 and the 2010-11 school years.
* Approved raises for personnel as presented and have agreed to pay $500/$600 into HSA for employees.
* Approved a change to the October Board meeting to Thursday, October 15 due to a conflict.
* Adopted a resolution to declare transportation to be impractical to transporting a student to Sidney Christian Academy.
Connie Schneider, Superintendent
Botkins Local School