The BOE met on September 13th for the regular board meeting and took the following actions:
- Approved the minutes of the August 9, 2017, Board of Education regular meeting as corrected.
- Approved the Treasurer's report by fund, the Investment report, and cash balance report as presented.
- Appoved the Then & Now purchase order.
- Heard the following reports from Committees:
Buildings and Maintenance - Canopy at the Sports Complex
Finance and Audit - Audit starting
Louise Sheets - Grant for scoreboard
Boosters - Would like one of the old scoreboards to auction off at the Night at the Races; hold 50/50 at Meyers Tavern for a drawing; hold a gun raffle.
- Adopted the appropriations for the Fiscal Year 2018. Also, approved an Amendment to the Certificate of Estimated Resources.
- Hired the following substitute teachers for the 2017-18 school year at a rate of $90 per day: Jessica Hoying, Cheryl Garrison, Lauren Luthman
- Approved the following student athletic workers at minimum wage: Tyler Free, Justin Shuga, Grant Greve, Garrett Greve, Nate Deitler and Zack Ware
- Accepted the resignation of Ken Lemmon as regular bus route driver effective as of August 10, 2017 and Heather Thaman as the Head Swim Coach as of August 21, 2017.
- Hired the following extracurricular positions for the 2017-18 school year:
Roberta "Bobbie" Young RoBotkins (service contract through the MRESC)
Andrea Jones Head Swim Coach
- Hired Michael Hoy as a regular bus route driver effective as of September 18, 2017 for the 2017-18 school year.
- Approved Victoria Smith as a student observer in Stephanie Manger's 1st grade classroom.