The BOE met on December 12th for the regular board meeting and took the following actions:
- Held public hearing for the calendar for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Heard a presentation from the RoBotkins teams.
- Approved the minutes of the November 14th regular board meeting.
- Approved the Treasurer's report by fund, the Investment report and cash balance as presented.
- Amended the Certificate of Estimated Resources, make supplemental Appropriations and modify appropriations as presented. Also approved the fund establishment of fund 499.
- Heard from the Committees. The Boosters committee reported they are preparing for the Night at the Races fundraiser and the volleyball will get a new volleyball net.
- Approved Botkins Local School to change to all day kindergarten beginning with the 2019-2020 school year.
- Set the Reorganizational meeting for Wednesday, January 9, 2019 beginning at 6:45 P.M. and the regular January meeting to begin the same night at 7:00 P.M. respectively.
- Approved the Music Department's Florida trip for March 22-28, 2020.
- Approved the updated Parent & Family Engagement Policy to follow the US Department of Education and ESEA guidelines.
- Accepted the resignation of Susan Nichols effective immediately from her cafeteria position and Dennis Martin from his position as Head Baseball Coach effective immediately.
- Accepted an anonymous donation of $500 to be used for the Cross Country program.
- Hired Donna Bowers as a part time cafeteria worker for the remainder of the 2018-19 school year.
- Hired the following extracurricular positions at the minimum wage rate for the 2018-19 school year. Susan Covelli - Winter Athletics Ticket Taker, Andrew Davis-Winter Athletics Ticket Taker, Brenda Tennant Winter Athletics Ticket Taker, Renee Wildermuth-Winter Athletics Ticket Taker, and Jody Trego-Winter Athletics Ticket Taker.