The BOE met on October 10th for the regular board meeting and took the following actions:
- Ashlee Zimpfer spoke about All-Day Kindergarten
- Approved the minutes of the September 12, 2018 Board of Education regular meeting minutes as corrected.
- Approved the Treasurer's report by fund, the Investment report, and cash balance report as presented.
- Heard from the following Board Committees:
* Park Board-Spoke about the park lane and the showing of a movie in the park.
* Louise Sheets-Discussed doing a fall and a spring/summer award.
- Approved the 5-year forecast for the Botkins Local School District as presented.
- Approved the restated 403(B) Plan Document Amendment and Restatement Resolution.
- Approved all Activity Accounts for the Botkins Local School District for the 2018-19 school year.
- Hired the following substitute teachers for the 2018-19 school year at a rate of $90 per day: Amanda Brandewie and Jocelyn Warfield.
- Hired the following extracurricular positions: Jena Holtkamp as the Varsity Assistant Softball Coach and Kayla Nixon as the JH Cheer Coach.
- Adopted the following Resolutions of Commendations:
Dairy Judging Team-6th Place Overall at the 50th Invitational Youth Dairy Cattle Judging Contest at the All American Dairy Show.
Golf Team-District Qualifying Team and 2nd Place at Sectionals. Nick Fischio was SCAL Golf Champ and Player of the Year for the second year in a row.
- Accepted the donation of $1,540.00 from Barb Roberts for the Jeff Roberts Scholarship Fund.
- Approved the resolution authorizing the purchase of competitive retail natural gas service from the lowest responsible bid and to authorize the Superintendent/designee to be able to sign the Master Supplier Agreement that is awarded by through the RFP.
- Approved the unpaid FMLA leave for Jodi Alig.
- Approved the land sale to the Village of Botkins for the 108 E. State St. property.
- Moved to replace resolution #85 approved on May 28, 2017 denying the request for 100% abatement on a new construction project requested by Botkins Investment Group, LLC and adopt the resolution as presented on an updated CRA agreement received October 5, 2018.
- Approved to have the administration to further investigate the financial, educational, social viability of All Day Kindergarten based on the proposal by Ashlee Zimpfer.
- Approved to use Classroom Facility Maintenance funds to pay for the maintenance contracts with Smith Boughan, Buckeye Power, Mega City Fire City, OVIS and garbage disposal with CPS.