ACTIVE POSITIVE COVID-19 TESTS - 1
Dear School Community,
Botkins Local School is committed to the safety and health of our students and staff. We want to inform you that that we have recently received information about at least one confirmed case of COVID-19 in a student or staff person at Botkins. Cleaning and disinfecting of the exposed locations have been completed.
Botkins Local School will remain OPEN at this time. We are working closely with Shelby County Board of Health and anyone identified as a close contact will be notified by the health department as a part of COVID-19 investigation.
How You Can Help
Be proactive about reducing the number of interactions that students and staff have with one another by practicing social distancing (staying at least 6 feet apart) to limit the spread of COVID-19. In addition to physical distancing, these important tools help to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
· Stay home when you are sick.
· Wear a mask or face covering while in public places or if people who don’t live with you must visit your home.
· Avoid unnecessary gatherings with people who don’t live in your home.
· Avoid sharing food, drinks, or utensils.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Sing the Happy Birthday song twice to help know when it has been 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizers that contain at least 60% alcohol.
· Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, and then dispose of the tissue and wash your hands immediately. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve, not your hands, to cover coughs and sneezes. If you are experiencing cough or congestion, consider staying home and seeking medical care.
· Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends cleaning of frequently touched surfaces with household cleaners and EPA-registered disinfectants that are appropriate for the surface, following label instructions. A simple bleach solution may also be utilized.
If you have any questions, contact Botkins Local School at 937-693-4241 or the Shelby County Board of Health at 937-498-7249. Thank you for helping to keep people safe and to slow the spread of COVID-19 in our community and school.
For answers to your COVID-19 questions, call 1-833-4-ASK-ODH (1-833-427-5634) or visit coronavirus.ohio.gov.
Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. If you or a loved one are experiencing anxiety related to the coronavirus pandemic, help is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call the COVID-19 CareLine at 1-800-720-9616.
To report positive COVID-19 tests and/or cases call Botkins Local School Covid-19 Coordinator, Superintendent Jeff McPheron, at 937-693-4241 ext. 7007. School office hours are 7AM to 4PM. If you do not reach a secretary, please leave a voicemail message and your phone call will be returned promptly.