The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on April 12, 2010.
The Board viewed the documentary created by TV/Radio Production that earned 2nd Place in SOITA competition.
The Board aproved the following:
* Financial report by fund
* Investment report
* Cash balance
* Amendment of the Certificate of Estimated Resources and supplemental appropriations - in crease in grant funds.
Heard Committee reports:
* Buildings and Maintenance - we will be carpeting the high school media center and the guidance office.
* Park Board - Purchasing materials for shelter -- Brent Schmerge will be doing an Eagle project
are moving ground for the park
* CIC - are meeting one time per month.
smaller businesses might be coming to Botkins.
Approved the following:
* List of graduates for the Class of 2010
* membership in OHSAA for the 2010-11 school year
* 7-12 handbook for the 2010-11 school year
* K-6 handbook for the 2010-11 school year
* Faculty handbook for the 2010-11 school year
* Resolution of commendation for FCCLA State Skills Events qualifiers
* Updates to Board policy as presented
* Resolution of commendation for Power of the Pen Team
* Accepted a donation of $1213.50 in lieu of CRA taxes
* Approved an overnight trip to Camp Muskigum for FFA - June 7-11
* Hired Cheryl Fark as a tutor/sub and Tina Cartwright as substitute janitor and summer painter ($8.75 per hour)
* Authorized the village to add the north parking lot on their summer street project as an alternate bid.
* Agreed to the board resolution to allow the Community Club to use the school facilities on June 11, 12, 13, 2010 - lease agreement for $1.00
* Entered executive session to discuss personnel.
* Leave executive session
* Renew contracts: Phil Groves - 1 yr.
Kris Vordermark - 3 yr.
Ryan Gutman - 3 yr.
Dan Knepper - 3 yr.
Andy Rammel - 3 yr.
Chad Berning - continuing
Krista Meyer - continuing
Jane Fullenkamp - 2 yr. AD
- 2 yr. Nurse
* Supplemental Contracts for 2010-2011 School Year:
Melissa Grunden Show Choir Director (if enough interest)
HS/JH Solo & Ensemble
Music Unlimited (if enough students)
Sophomore class advisor
Musical Assistant Director
Brett Meyer Boys’ Varsity Basketball Coach
Boys’ Summer Basketball Coordinator
Tom Platfoot Jr. Class Prom Advisor
Var. Girls’ Basketball
Girls’ Summer Basketball Coordinator
8th Grade Advisor
Paula Owen Pep Band
SH/JH Solo & Ensemble
Jeremy Pleiman 7th Grade advisor
Connie Schneider Fall Activities Director
Keith Puschel Senior Commencement
Andy Rammel Boys’ Varsity Basketball Assistant
Jr. Class Advisor
Var. Volleyball Coach Assistant
National Honor Society
Beth Armstrong Coed Var. & JH Cross Country Assistant Coach
Bryan Trego Varsity Volleyball Coach
Jr. Class Advisor
Junior Class Prom Advisor
Summer volleyball coordinator
Stacy Braun Freshman Class Advisor
Lynn Pleiman FTA Advisor
Senior Class Advisor
Janine Schmitmeyer Senior Class Advisor
Jason Liette 7th Grade Advisor
Boys JV Basketball
Dan Knepper Art Director Musical
Jeff McPheron Student Council Advisor
Winter Activities Advisor
Erica Davidson Musical Director
Ryan Gutman 8th grade advisor
Coed Var. & JH Cross Country Coach
Chad Berning Freshman Class Advisor
Lisa Kindelin Gifted Coordinator
Phil Groves Boys’ Freshman Basketball Coach
Sophomore Class Advisor
Tina Paul Recycling Coordinator
Don Mack Girls’ JV Basketball Coach
Missy Meyer Girls’ 7th Grade Basketball Coach
Kristin Ruppert High School Cheerleader Advisor
Tricia Mullen JV Volleyball Coach
Holly Russell JH Cheerleader Advisor
Heather Thaman Head Swimming Coach
Kevin Lynch Varsity Boys’ Soccer Coach
Miguel Rodriguez Varsity Boys’ Soccer Assistant Coach
Susan Ware Gifted Coordinator
Connie Schneider, Superintendent
Botkins Local School