The Botkins Board of Education held a public hearing on April 13, 2011, at 6:45 PM to consider the reemployment of Superintendent Connie Schneider upon her retirement. Public comments were taken.
Hearing of the public -- Michele Meyer spoke on behalf of the Community Club to request use of the school facilities for the Carousel on June 10-12, 2011.
The Board took the following actions:
* Approved the minutes of the March 9 regular meeting and the March 30 special board meeting.
* Approved the financial report by fund.
* Reviewed the investment report.
* Reviewed payroll - expenses, receipts, GF balances.
* Heard a report from the treasurer about possible losses for budget cuts.
* Union has requested to open negotiations.
* Scholarship committee will meet May 1st.
* Boosters - Jerry will be mowing the area inside the track. This will be reimbursed by the boosters.
* Board will consider entering a contract with Wilson for a trainer. A revised contract will be presented at the May board meeting.
* Approved the list of graduates for the Class of 2011.
* Approved membership in OHSAA for the 2011-12 school year.
* Approved the 7-12 handbook for the 2011-12 school year.
* Approved the K-6 handbook for the 2011-12 school year.
* Approved the Faculty handbook for the 2011-12 school year.
* Approved a resolution of commendation for the FCCLA State Skills Event qualifiers and
Power of the Pen - Sierra Butcher and Drew Ewry.
* Adopted changes to board policy as presented.
* Approved the FFA to attend Camp Muskingum June 6-10.
* Hired the following personnel as seasonal part-time workers:
Jill Anthony & Kelly Haught @ $8.50 per hour.
Larry Dietz @ $15.00 per hour
Harold Poppe @ $80.00 per day
* Entered a lease agreement with the Community Club for the use of the facilities for Carousel June 10-12.
* Accepted the resignation of Tom Platfoot as head girls varsity basketball coach.
* Accepted the resignation of Jane Fullenkamp as athletic director.
* Issued the following certified contracts:
Continuing - Stacy Braun
3-yr. contract - Eileen Hemmert
* Issued the following classified contracts:
2-year - Roland Oakley
Continuing - Don Ellinger
Tina Flora (bus)
Tony Rogers (bus)
* Issued a 5-year contract to Joanna Jones as treasurer effective Aug. 1, 2011.
* Adopted a resolution as presented to solicit architects for a building project.
* Formulated a steering committee of interested district residents and open enrolled parents to work with the Botkins Board of Education to research, collaborate and market the Ohio School Facility Commission building project.
* Application to waive all-day kindergarten FY 12 & 13 was approved by ODE.
* Reviewed the Equity in School lunch pricing and lunch prices will be raised about 5 cents per lunch.
* Heard an update on RttT - staff development on standards rollout will be April 20 for all staff members. Summer staff development is being placed on the calendar. Regional meetings will be held in May - our team will be attending.
* Annual review for TruPointe Cooperative and Brown Industrial have fulfiled requirements to continue the tax abatement.
* Lisa Kindelin has been assigned to the 4th grade position being vacated due to the resignation of the 4th grade teacher.
Connie Schneider, Supt.
Botkins Local School