The Botkins Board of Education met in regular session on April 11, 2012, and took the following actions:
* Audrey Gutman was present and requested use of our facilities and property for the 2012 Carousel. This request was approved by the board.
* Team members of Fanning & Howey were present to review the progress of the building project. A school design was shown and board members stated their preference on the design, roof, and colors. It was decided that Fanning & Howey would proceed with a low slope roof on the entire project. This decision was made after much research and investigation into various roofing types. This is the roof that is built into OSFC project dollars.
The POR (progrm of requirements) -- various spaces were reviewed and approved.
* Approved the minutes of the March 13, 2012, Board of Education regular meeting, and the minutes of the March 17 and march 26 special meetings.
* Approved the Treasurer's report by fund, the Investment report, and cash balance report as presented.
* Amended the Certificate of Estimated Resources and made supplemental Appropriations.
* Reviewed committee reports.
* Approved the list of graduates for the class of 2012.
* Approved participation in OHSSA for the 2012-13 school year.
* Adopted the 7-12 handbook for the 2012-13 school year as presented.
* Adopted the K-6 handbook for the 2012-13 school year.
* Approved the faculty and classified handbooks for the 2012-13 school year as presented.
* Adopted changes to the board policy manual as presented.
* Accepted the donation of $1251.05 from Brown Industrial Inc. in lieu of CRA tax.
* Approved the overnight trips as presented.
* Hired Krystal Nafziger as a substitute teacher for the 2011-2012 school year.
* Hired Jill Anthony and Kelly Haught as seasonal workers at $8.75 per hour.
* Adopted the resolution for the use of the school grounds for the Carousel as presented.
* Contract Renewal Certified Staff:
Employed the personnel listed below to the listed teaching contracts effective August 2012 at the salary schedule to be adopted.
Eligible for continuing: Emily Bayless
Eligible for 3-year: Paula Owen
Eligible for 1-year: Maria Westgerdes
In Middle of 2-year: Gina Rogers (6-13)
In middle of 3-year: Ryan Gutman (6-13)
Dan Knepper (6-13)
Andy Rammel (6-13)
Kris Vordermark (6-13)
Phil Groves (6-14)
Vicki Steinke (6-14)
Eileen Hemmert (6-14)
* Contract Renewal Classified Staff:
Employed the personnel listed effective August 2012 at the salary to be adopted.
2-year: Jane Fullenkamp - nurse
In middle of 2-year: Roland Oakley (8-13)
Nancy Brown (8-13)
Eligible for 2-year: Dorothy Gehrlich - 1/2 bus route
Connie Greve - 1/2 bus route
Adam Fullenkamp - Athletic Director
Connie Schneider, Supt.
Botkins Local School